Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

https://x.com/premierleague/status/1725446532147601655?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

2 Likes

Worth a readā€¦

Nice to see Mo get some recognition.

10 Likes

Yes, I think he is often taken for granted. You see some fans complaining that he has a quiet game if he hasnā€™t scored for once but he is always a creative outlet.

8 Likes

Weā€™re so used to him scoring or assisting every game. His attitude is incredible. Even on an off day heā€™s working hard and trying to make something happen

7 Likes

1 Like

He will be happy about Rishiā€™s chess sets themā€¦

Saying that I doubt he is going play chess in a park in the middle of winter.

I doubt anyone is.

Reallyā€¦ Our @Magnus is a Chess master :thinking: Everyday is a school day eh :0)

I am actually less than mediocre at chess since I have barely played it except against my grandfather as a child and against a few friends as an adult :slight_smile:
Salah would therefore crush me to say the least.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your ELO rating Mr Blue Sky?

Actuallyā€¦ ZING! :joy: I would really like someone to walk me through the statistical analysis of his physical performance this season, compared to previous seasons. Iā€™m getting the feeling that heā€™s slowing down a bit but I canā€™t help the feeling itā€™s fatigue rather than age. Then again, there are a few left backs of different variety who turn into prime Maldini when they are facing him (Ait-Nouri and Robinson are definitely two of them).

They remind me of me when I was playing five-a-side or six-a-side - a teammate would bet me that an opponent will score quite a few goals against me or tell me that he heard them make some rather belittling comments about me and then Iā€™d spend the rest of the game marking them out of it, while doing absolutely nothing else. It worked for me, it seems that someone else (aside from Rodgers) is using the same motivational techniques on these two!

On the topic of that chance, while I did direct quite a few expletives at Salah, where I even angrily mentioned that he looked so obsessed with scoring no. 200 that he would likely do it in February, I was actually more disappointed by that neither-shot-nor-cross-but-it-looked-more-like-a-shot he took in the first half, with Diaz waiting to pounce at the far post.

I love Salah, heā€™s quite often a victim of his success and standards he himself set but Iā€™m a simple football fan, goals and assists are the same thing for me if they help my team win the game. Now, Iā€™m off to Diaz thread to dish out some more criticism.

4 Likes

Congratulations on scoring his 200th goal. Hopefully this means he can chill out a bit and get back to his usual self.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/NaiiLFC/status/1733102403723882912

1 Like

Jesus, I just saw the stats putting his 200 in context. Only 4 players have ever scored more for us - Liddell, hodgson, hunt, and rush

6 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

2 Likes

Yeah 28 or 38 behind Liddell now.

2 Likes
2 Likes

All time great. Living legend. Still driven and hungry. Always gracious and humble. A true role model. And having a stellar season!

6 Likes

200 goals and 81 assists in 327.

4 Likes
3 Likes