Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

Two Years Ago Today…

09:48JAMES QUINLAN

Salah strike hits two-year anniversary

On a happier note than all the VAR and PGMOL talk flying about at the moment, relive this Mohamed Salah wondergoal from exactly two years ago today.

Is this the best he’s ever scored in red?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1709116074665648195

5 Likes

In my opinion it is. I remember, I watched it over and over again.

4 Likes

My response, verbatim, when he scored was to say “stop it. You can’t do that. That’s just not right.”

I just sat there shaking my head in a confused state like it’d just seen a dog riding a bike.

3 Likes

Terrible defending.

Six goals and four assists in 10 games. One goal contribution in every 75 mins. :clap:

1 Like

Yo @Iftikhar - You have put this Mo Salah comment in the wrong thread…
I mean you have put it in the right thread… But in doing that, you have put it in the wrong thread, for you and your normal standards.! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can always post a photo of a certain vegetable :wink: :rofl:

Why not…
you probably carry a picture of it in your wallet, instead of one showing your girlfriend :laughing:

In the pub in Kreuzberg watching the game. Salah fucks up. I swear in annoyance. Some supposed Reds fan pipes up, “Yeah, we should have sold him to the Saudis in the summer”.
Not ironic, not in jest, he meant it.
Spent the next ten minutes explaining that we have one of the three best players in the world. One of the three best Liverpool players I have ever seen.

Fuck’s sake!

8 Likes
2 Likes

Salah played in both the friendlies against Zambia :zambia: and Algeria :algeria:

1 Like

Shocked Sport GIF by adidas

To be fair he looked like he had played in South America on Friday night for most of the game :wink:

Yet was still MOTM on TNT and TAN!

He scored two goals and it won us the points, you telling me he looked good for most of that game?

I’m one of his biggest fans but he looked lethargic, other players who looked better are getting more criticism.

He is a player who can do that though, one bit of skill and he has been superb this season. I don’t think he had a good game and plenty of comments in that in game thread and across social media will tell you that.

As for TNT it’s probably a tough choice as I don’t think there was a stand out other than someone who provided the finish, the game had a lot of average to decent performances. I felt Diaz looked the mostly likely to do something before the pen.

It’s weird, in general play Mo has been poor for most of the season but then delivers with assists and goals.

I reckon his pass completion and dribble stats would be low, but then his assists and goals are quite the opposite, he is just relentless and never lets his head drop.

4 Likes

As I said he’s a player who can change a game.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1716503500430143863?t=Hsm0QDX-F8A3LEuTkNqWeg&s=19

4 Likes

If he wanted to go I’d sell as long as it was June/July and not last week in August.

If he doesn’t I wouldn’t be massively against him giving us another year and going on a free.

4 Likes

Another 3-4 years and he can go on a free

1 Like