Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

Oh dear. It appears that sarcasm doesn’t exist wherever you are.

2 Likes

Brilliant description, @El-Cuchillero. :joy:

I hope our medics are over there to help with the assessment. If they play him while he’s injured that could be catastrophic for us.

Haha @cynicaloldgit

There should be some sort of global body, over all football, with the power and ability to sync up the calendar. If only that could be a thing…

Somehow the guy who has done nothing but score goals, make goals and win shit for the past 7 years is still actually under rated

https://x.com/_wingplay/status/1748665303461208501?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g

2 Likes

Apparently it was on Parkers Piece in Cambridge where the rules of football (as we recognise them today) were initially agreed:
Cambridge Rules sculpture - Cambridge City Council.

This is pretty cool for me as it was were I played football with my friends as a young teen (not that I have ever been any good).

But this definitely doesn’t give me, Cambridge, England, or Europe copyright on the global game of football :grin:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LewisSteele_/status/1749146079424069935

This is a smart move. Hopefully his absence won’t be a long one and that any Egypt result won’t linger over his head like before.

7 Likes

That actually sounds like a worse prognosis. They were talking about missing only 2 games. To now be talking about the final as being his best return date is another 2 games missed.

1 Like

I saw last 16 and final mentioned, so it’s unclear whether it is the expected two games, or more that he will miss. Either way, getting him back into the fold for assessment and treatment is a welcome move.

1 Like

Maybe the suggestion is he shouldn’t be rushed back and I assume it’s probably an agreement the player has got with us and his national team.

Like if they made the final we would give him our blessing if he was ready to play but not before then.

2 Likes

Egypt statement on Mo Salah.

“The Egyptian FA announces that Salah will now travel to England to receive treatment with the hope that he will join the Egyptian national team if it qualifies for the semi-finals”.

4 Likes

Get him back to Liverpool and wrap him in cotton wool.

Hopefully Egypt does us a favour by knocking themselves out

3 Likes

Or, we patch him up and send him back for the semi finals where he gets crocked for the season.

Is it normal to still get chills from that absolute belter against Chelsea?

1 Like

I hope if he is fit, we do the right thing and allow him to play for his NT in the finals.

This isn’t some European friendly we are taking about. I think we all have seen how important winning for his NT is to him.

The Man City one where he danced around their entire defence is my personal favourite.

2 Likes

I think this is probably been forced partly by Salah, I don’t think he goes back if he isn’t fit enough and if they don’t make the final.

I do feel he will ok to play the game on the 10th but Klopp would probably try and get 20-30 mins instead of playing him death.

1 Like