Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

still needs to win the europa.

Nah, new season, new me.

I’ve been relatively calm all summer tbh, pretty happy with the state we’re win
done some great business in and out.

£150-175m is huge money and would represent great business for the club, I’m at peace with life after Salah, it’s going to happen
better we have resources in the bank to fully capitalise. The decision to sell Salah or not will be as much as a business perspective as it will a footballing one.

would not wish to see you when you are outraged.

Nothing like the Torres deal - Torres wanted out. From all we’ve heard, Mo is happy.

Further, Torres deal was predicated on Carroll. We haven’t seen/heard anything to suggest we are entertaining a Saudi bid at a certain value to then secure another target.

All the noise is being fabricated as follows;

SSN Jouro - Hey Mr El Atihad comms bod - any updated on Mo
Comms Bod - Yeah, we love him, bid being prepared bro
SSN Journo - EVERYONE PANIC BID BEING PREPPED (HERE WE GO)
LFC - No bids in guys - not for sale.
SSN Journo - Yo Mr El Atihad comms bod whats going on
Comms bod - yeah working on it
SSN - EVERYONE PANIC BID BEING PREPPED (HERE WE GO)
LFC - No bids in guys - not for sale.
SSN Journo - Yo Mr El Atihad comms bod whats going on
Comms bod - yeah working on it - bid submitted
SSN - EVERYONE PANIC BID SUBMITTED (HERE WE GO) - call Paul Merson to add some magic
LFC - Yeah Rejected - not for sale FFS(!!!)
SN Journo - Yo Mr El Atihad comms bod what’s going on we need to keep this alive
Comms bod - yeah we have bottomless money - go make whatever headlines you want. We’ll keep offering money till we can’t no more
SSN - MORE PANIC KEEP THE CLICKS COMING YAY

2 Likes

Well if you were around in the match/post match threads of pitiful performances such as Leeds, Bournemouth and Forest then I’d say you’ll have seen that multiple times over.

Shit performances/run of results will naturally spark negative and critical responses but I’m gonna reign in on that as best as I can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Torres was visibly unhappy and had been playing like shit for 18 months. Not really the same.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not the same at all. Most importantly, the player’s agent has already said that he’s commited to LFC and doesn’t want to go elsewhere.

I still wonder though at which price fsg would start to listen. 200m? 250m? The fee they bought the club for?

Torres lost that edge before we sold him to Chelsea. Wasn’t upto him. His peak was done.

We did brilliantly to get ÂŁ50m for a player whose knees were fucked.

4 Likes

and for £150-175m we’d be getting insane money for a player who has already started the decline. take the money and re-invest, John.

Football Shrug GIF by Kylian Mbappé

1 Like

It’s not the fee that would be the problem with Mbappe; it would be the wages.

And the circus.

2 Likes

They’ve offered 100m with add ons. Add ons you’ll never see.

2 Likes

so it’s not Mbappe. and it won’t be Vini Jr.

We do have a solid front three rotation in Diaz/Gakpo/Nunez/Jota/Doak. so we wait for the right player to come along

Throw in to the fact it will be done in Winter because it’s not getting done in 8 hours.

I’d still take the money. Salah is a depreciating asset. He burned out at the last AFCON, hasn’t had the same legs since

You put a stand down now or you don’t at all and you keep getting these bids.

All they’ve done is destabilise our summer and we just about make it up and they come again. There was a time to bid it was May they will be back next time, if it’s another season without CL football we might be struggling to attract players however.

He might be waning but he is again half the reason we score our goals he’s involved in pretty much all of our attacks last Sunday

1 Like

that’s just business though. Take it for what it is. at the beginning of summer, if you’d have told me you would get £40mil for Fabinho and swap him for Gravenberch I’d have bitten your hand off. We’ve done very good business this summer.

We need a CB now, I’m not confident in our current lineup back there. Robbo and Trent have avoided the bug for too long. Matip has glass for hamstrings and Ibou is prone to niggles.

1 Like

And that he doesn’t suit how we play in the slightest.

No, the problem is that he’s left-sided. We’re well stocked there so we really don’t need the fellah.

Let’s go with Doak. Let’s make our own Mbappe. In the event, of course.

:flushed: :flushed:

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1697611699430269088?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet