Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

Salah can make quite more than that if he goes into politics in Egypt.

Thereā€™s only one reason the Saudis have left this until the final day of the transfer window and that is to disrupt Kloppā€™s plans for the season. Weā€™re a threat to Al-Newcastleā€™s top four chances.

3 Likes

Which in itself is quite embarrassing to say.

Please donā€™t let this be another ā€œAndy Carrollā€ day.

:crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

Weā€™re not only a threat to their top 4 chances, weā€™re massive favourites to get it ahead of them. We just played them, at their stadium, with our captain sent off and 1-0 down after 30 minutes. We still won.

Newcastle donā€™t have the firepower to get themselves into the top 4 ahead of us. They havenā€™t done enough this window because their owners have been focused on getting all the players over to Saudi.

6 Likes

Donā€™t need to cross your fingers. He isnā€™t leaving today.

Saudi have had months to agree a deal. Why wait until transfer deadline day for a formal bid - oh yeah itā€™s all PR stunting and destabilising tactics - and our fans keep getting worked up by it all.

1 Like

I agree, thatā€™s why I believe itā€™s a deliberate attempt to destabilise our plans.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m also still of the opinion that heā€™s staying. Could happen next summer.

But thereā€™s always a small % before the window in Saudi closes.

So even the made up rumours say he wonā€™t push for a move.

The club will get a fair whack for him next summer if he moves anyhow.

1 Like

And that gives us a year to scout/groom his replacement, without everyone knowing we have Ā£100m+ in the bank from his sale.

2 Likes

Exactly.

Anyhow this will be every deadline day if you fold today.

1 Like

I remember Carra saying that the Mo interest from Newcastles owners was suspicious before the Newcastle game. Was shut down and said ā€œother channels are better for conspiracy theorists but not usā€ - us being SKY SPORTS.

I think he was right

1 Like

Lets leave the grooming to Epstein

Dr Dre Oh Snap GIF

Letā€™s be clear: Mo is of paramount importance for us right now. At the end of the season, maybe the club will have to assess its options if big offers come in. But right now, heā€™s crucial because he scores goals, he makes an insane amount of assists, is always involved in our attacking moves, and also because his influence on the younger players canā€™t be emphasised enough. Heā€™s a model pro, and conducts himself as weā€™d want every Liverpool player to do. We have lost Milner and Firmino already, who gave a similar example. To now lose our absolute top player, even for a lot of money, would really be a bad signal.

Although every player, even Mo, has a price, as others have said, itā€™s too late now. If the Saudis were serious about Mo, theyā€™d have tried earlier. So, this is nothing but an attempt to destabilise Mo and the club, and Iā€™m glad that both sides have seen through it, and dismissed it at hand.

6 Likes

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Not going to lie - am secretly hoping that we can challenge for the title but not possible without Salah. But I think we can secure Top4 and challenge for all the other three competitions without him.

Weā€™d be stupid not to accept if they offer ā‚¬200m (Ā£170m) imo.

1 Like

Just keep him for the season and demand that much again next summer.

6 Likes

I think the only deal iā€™d go for is Al-Ittihad sign Mbappe, then swap us Mbappe for Mo next season.

Seems fair?