Other so-called “sports”

I’d have loved to send Probert out to go after Ramos after that hackjob on Salah.

2 Likes

that’s exactly what Pepe was for

Thinking more along the lines of Vinnie Jones…

Don’t think along those lines. It’s a dark and dangerous path to a place full of nastiness and bad manners.

you wouldn’t like some big Chris treatment for ol Sergio?

Tony Khan in a neck brace in the Jags’ control room last eve, after taking a piledriver on Dynamite. Might’ve been a more impactful sell if he wasn’t constantly moving his fucking neck with a big dopey grin on his face.

I think it works everyone knows it’s just a joke.

Joey Chestnut is OUT of the 4th of July Hot Dog Eating Contest. He accepted a sponsorship deal with a rival hot dog company and has been disqualified from competing.

4 Likes

Joey Chestnut lives just a couple miles up the road from me. I’m in Carmel and he is in Westfield, IN. Close to all the big stars here, yep :joy:

1 Like

I’m surprised we don’t have an NHL thread (if we do I cannot find it) so posting this here

Johnny Hockey (Gaudreau) and his brother died last night after being hit by a drunk driver while out riding their bikes. Apparently as the car in front of the drunk driver approached the cyclists it moved over to the left to give them plenty of room, and the drunk driver saw that as an opportunity to undertake. It accelerated not seeing the cyclists and just swiped them both.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that come under the Boxing/MMA/Fighting thread?

1 Like

I do think driving offences that cause injury and death should be harsher sentences.

Especially if the person has decided to drink or take drugs.

2 Likes

Everytime I think about taking up cycling, instead of running which is increasingly tough on my knees, then I see a story about cyclists being killed on the roads. Too many absolutely fucking morons driving around to trust that a lycra bodysuit will save my life.

2 Likes

Yeah I got into cycling a bit during the covid lockdowns and tried to continue once things started opening back up, but the return to normal volume of traffic just made it pointless. The efforts we’ve made with our urban bike lanes are laughable. If they are not contiguous and dont have physical barriers preventing cars from entering them they are seemingly pretty pointless

2 Likes

One of the things I miss most about Copenhagen. I was planning on doing some bike delivery when I first got to the US a couple years ago, but the state of the bike lanes (and the lack of regard from drivers) immediately put me off - not to mention, having since spent time in bars here, seeing the amount of people sloppily stumbling into their cars after hours of drinking (especially in smaller cities).