Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 4/1/24 4.30pm)

Waiting at Victoria station after the match. Arsenal fans celebrating like they won the CL….seriously

3 Likes

let them have their moment… It wont last

1 Like

Another fact from today’s match is Pep lite is a fucken embarrassment.

6 Likes

Fuck Arsenal celebrating as though they’ve won the league. We know that’s not going to happen even though it’s the only trophy they can win having been beaten by us in the FA cup and realistically having no chance in the champions league.

Regarding the game - it was ours to win 2nd half before the calamitous fuck up. That’s the only reason Arsenal won. A classless team with an even more classless manager.

2 Likes

Odious fucking prick. I wish one of the dickhead 4th referees would tell him to stay in the technical area the lego headed cunt.

6 Likes

What I meant was why did that one fuck up of those two that comes once a season come in such a pivotal moment where we just have clawed our way back into the game and were finally looking like we could go an win it.

And sure, so was spurs at the beginning of the season until they weren’t.

Hopefully Ljinders can piss off to Netherlands and sign Gravenberch.

Bayern were right lazy, and nowhere near the standard.

Stinks of Lijnders influence on transfers.

1 Like

Wtf? That grammar is shite.

1 Like

I get it. We were told as kids that a CB cannot let the ball bounce, so we concede a goal after our CB did just that and want to blame it on that. But this situation is not what that warning was addressing, and it is not what turned an unproblematic situation into a an easy goal scoring chance. Virgil was not particularly troubled by Havertz and played that situation the way he has 1000s of times before. Had Ali stayed in his goal and concentrated on offering Virgil a passing option as virgil will have expected, then he easily knocks it back to him and the two of them play the ball around Havertz and off we go.

There are loads of these truisms about football that we all know that simply arent relevent to these players at this level. If Virgil thinks we’ve got a better chance of maintaining quality possession from letting it go over his head and then knocking it back to his goalie than trying to header it to a team mate then so be it.

2 Likes

I saw someone go past Bradey go if he was not there, he is not perfect, just a young bloke with desire.

So two losses in 23 games in the worlds best league, hardly worth jumping off a cliff.

2 Likes

I’m still struggling to understand how we continue to put in that type of performance 1st half. It’s nothing new, we see it time and time again in away games although tonight was particularly poor. A complete inability to do the simple things, play a simple ball, retain possession, defend as a unit, build an attack.
I just don’t get it. I don’t see any other top sides do it to that extent, even the ‘lesser’ top sides like Spurs, Villa etc. The level of incompetence was astonishing all over the pitch.
Ended up arguing with my lad who put it down to Arsenal being a good side. They are a good side but I’m just not having it. I’m fortunate to attend all our home games and I can honestly say I’ve never witnessed anything as bad as that over more years than I care to remember. I’ve seen shit teams, I’ve seen shit performances but that today was off the scale 1st half. We’ve put 4 or 5 goals past some decent teams this season as a matter of routine and then we turn up today and look like 11 blokes who’ve been picked out the crowd at random.
Improved 2nd half and I actually fancied us to win it until that disastrous fuck-up but we still never tested them, just huffed and puffed while creating fuck all.
Whole thing was epitomised by Thiago when he gave the ball away just outside our box. I’m not his biggest fan to start with and I’m not blaming him for what happened today but fuck me, he hasn’t kicked a ball for 9 months but thinks he can just come on and play smart-arse passes 25 yards from our goal.
I’m baffled tonight and like I said it’s a recurring theme, just makes no sense at all.

6 Likes

Thought it was something that had gone to be honest, we seemed to be managing them better in recent months we do seem to have a first half thing but we’ve been more solid in the last few months and then turned it on.

This was turgid to be honest, people mentioned Luton and the like but we created enough to win that. Today one shot on target is poor.

3 questions come to mind:

• Didn’t Grav supply the cross to Lucho that eventually led to our goal? If it was Grav, then he was useful
  • How many games is Konate missing?
  • What’s the status on Mo?
  1. If you lower the bar low enough everybody is useful.
  2. one match.
  3. who knows …
1 Like

He did (not a cross but a straight ball clipped into him) but he’s now taken over from Jones as the new whipping boy.

Just the 1 as 2 yellows always is.

Mo has been back running this week, I’d expect him to be in team training from next week tbh.

3 Likes

Confucius says

https://x.com/ma6es_9/status/1754210926050398381?s=46&t=Tk6buFVfyHeITdfFRWCVMg

Didn’t see a replay of this. That’s a red card in rugby!

3 Likes

Harry Kane was better at that.

1 Like

During commentary the king of impartiality Mr Neville was having a go at Virg for supposedly kicking out at the end and catching Havertz on the head.