Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 4/1/24 4.30pm)

Important context, Arsenal had loud complaints after that claiming Virgil stamped on him when he landed :joy:

1 Like

But baldy n cootey couldnt make a decisionā€¦as it was LFC and Virgā€¦they didnā€™t even bother checki ng

Pretty ordinary game, and,for us, a pretty ordinary result.That is over with now and we need to roar back in the coming games.

2 Likes

Sorry Sir

1 Like

People wonder why we were so bad, simple thing, which I have also mentioned in the past, we really struggle against teams that press us high.

Mmmmm I thought that it was because we played with 9 man in the first half ā€¦

And although Gomez were doing fine defensibly I prefer a left footed player in that position, it speeds up play.

Endo at six and Mac Allister an Tiago in front of him, mate that would be nice. :+1:

At least Bradley have that desire that you mentioned to try to win it backā€¦

1 Like

He is young give him time but what do we do with TAA, do we stick him in midfield and were?

1 Like

Yeah, I remember that thinking Neville is smoking something. He blamed it fully on VVD to fit in with his narrative that VVD has lost Liverpool the title.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no right of appeal for two yellows. The best they can do is with Jota against Spurs - when Premier Leagueā€™s Independent Key Match Incidents Panel ruled Jota should not have been sent off.

A useless apology in other words.

1 Like

We had 11 counting the ones you donā€™t like :kissing_heart:

The issue isnā€™t just with Gomez, Virg is right footed and so to is Alli. It is too easy to force us out there and set traps by showing all those player on to their left side.

If Joe receives it then our options are restricted as he naturally wants to use is stronger foot, then if he plays a safe ball back to Virg or Alli is then on their weaker foot etc. etc. etc.

1 Like

I think you can at least partly blame the social media age. Everything is either black or white these days. Supposedly our season was over at the start of the season after a couple of draws, then we were on the way to winning it in December.

I think there is a thirst for oneā€™s opinions to be relevant (me included): " Oh I called it in September/ November/ January/ March" instead of just waiting it out. Not very often has anybody called the season over and there not been a twist or turn in there somewhere. I honestly could not rule out any of the top 5 teams from winning it. And in the first week of Feb, rightly so.

4 Likes

Poor showing from Klopp. If Robbie Earle, of all people, is predicting, a week in advance, the way a team is going to beat you, and then they beat you in that way, you have to ask questions.

2 Likes

I blame that trophy parade thread.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a function of Cheaty cheating. The reason dropped points lead to calamity comments is because we have repeated experience of missing out after dropping just a few points. Oh for the good old days of the 75 point championship

1 Like

At least TAA is only struggling in defensive phases at FB. Put him in CM and he will struggle even moreā€¦

Iā€™ve had a ponder overnight with this one, and I think that this is just the match where the schedule has finally caught up with us. I hadnā€™t really noticed Salah missing over the last month but yesterday it was obvious that we werenā€™t breaking down that right channel.

We had several players coming back from injury plus a few missing in key positions. A couple of others could do with a rest.

Looking at the rest of the month, we have a game per week. Thereā€™s time for a few batteries to be recharged.

Iā€™m still a bit perplexed at how bad Alisson was but I think much of that was overcompensating for those in front of him not covering as effectively as they could.

2 Likes

Sweeting was right ā€¦ again.

1. Yes, but does 1 ball being useful counter all of the times he was slow to release a ball or pick the wrong ball? Even a cement pillar can be useful in the right circumstance.

2. 2 Yellows is a one match ban.

3. Happily married :wink: Sorry, but I doubt you have a chance here mate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For the umpteenth time, Gravenberch needs time. He is 21, he missed last season in its entirety and he didnā€™t have a preseason.

The talent and the potential is there. Everything else will come with time.

Also, singling out Lijnders whenever something goes wrong has become tiresome. If Lijnders holds so much of sway over Klopp, then perhaps you should start questioning Klopp.

I donā€™t understand why though. Both against City and Arsenal. Itā€™s not as if they havenā€™t seen it before, theyā€™ve been practicing it in training and in matches for years, they should be much better at dealing with it.

4 Likes