Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 9/10/22 4.30pm)

In the 1990s, it’s too close; ball to hand.

Under the new rules, most refs would give it 8 out of 10. His arm follows the ball. The Jesus pen was all about the perfectly excuted fall and scream by Jesus. Good acting skills wins it for him - street smart.

Diaz got pushed in the penalty area, but stayed on his feet stumbling. Jesus/Kane/Bruno would’ve gone straight down, screamed, and stayed down for a pen.

1 Like

Absolutely this.
The one that was given that might not have v the one that wasn’t that should have.
That’s the difference today…
I do believe i heard Merson say we were ‘bang unlucky’ to go in down at half time which…for him to say a) Against Arsenal and b) For us… says it all really.

I’m on the verge of being done with the sport. I’ve spent five years watching Salah get stonewall chopped down in the box, and referees give penalties against us for nothing.

8 Likes

We ride the storm, and come January we try to mitigate the damages through the transfer window.
All in all, it’s going to be a very very long season.

1 Like

We were shit. Ref was shit. Life goes on

I am hating this poor excuse for VAR and what the foooking ref saw get decisions right they also if that is a penalty the handball should be a stonewall one, i am really pissed off with that decision use VAR for what it is for to get decisions RIGHT

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less about others results tbh. Until we start playing football again they are immaterial.

3 Likes

Shambles from start to finish interrupted by some brilliance from Diaz Bobby and Nunez…
Never felt so nervous coming into every game. Every team in the Prem smells blood with us. So many players look lost in this team but the one that stands out is Mo Salah, at the moment a complete passenger.
I wonder what we would have looked like if we had sold Mo and kept Sadio?

2 Likes

I don’t think any of the players deserves MOM . its all wrong, the defence is poor and not only TAA , VVD is extremely poor Matip is on and off. The midfield press is late and not coordinated . Salah’s decline is significant . 442 will need time but if to play this hendo and Thiago can give you 60 min after that we need another two energetic midfielders who can pass and run. the worst case scenario would be out of top 4 which is most likely

1 Like

I’m on the verge of being done with the PL to be honest, as an all-round fucking shit package. The only thing which kept me hooked was Klopp managing to let his team overperform against all the odds, time and time again. The last bit of romanticism in an otherwise entirely business-orientated league.

Now, logic has returned back. The biggest spenders win games and trophies. Maybe I’ll spend a bit more time watching Swiss football again from now on (checks where FC Basel stand in the league).

13 Likes

The TAA was a football action, so fair enough. Shit happens. The Partey one was remniscent of Ramos. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Arseanl played Oliver perfectly. They kept going down (like Saka feigning an elbow to his face, when it was a push on his shoulder). And kept a little on their challenges.

Fab coming on was worrying for me - he looked far too ponderous in possession. What on earth has happened to him?

3 Likes

I’m not having the selling Sadio narrative.

He was shit in the first half of the season, and only came to life when we moved him inside and told him to just get on the end of chances.

6 Likes

The only thing that was worse than Michael Oliver today was our shambles of a defence. Matip looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights VVD looking like he was playing a pre season friendly, Tsimikas trying hard but producing zero. Trent played his usual defensive masterpiece, an absolute disaster. Second game on the trot (EPL) that we’ve conceded three goals. Mid table finish at best this season lads a major overhaul is required.

That is of then a good plan :joy: trying the bitter-cunts match next​:sunglasses:

It’s those, in cricket terms, umpire’s call decisions.

Some would say swings and roundabouts, and all evens up. But we’ve had plenty of situaations showing a certain bias (including those studies showing Salah hardy gets a freekick and English players get more leeway).

Tbh I’m more annoyed that the handball wasn’t looked at. Other teams dive around more than us, which explains why they got the pen and we don’t get those. We got plenty when we had Suarez and Sturridge dropping easily

Okay, okay, how do we save face and salvage this season?

Are our players wanting to not to get injured so they can be selected for their respective country’s World cup ?
I know i am clutching at straws here.

2 Likes

Arsneal deserve credit for the way they continually found the pass between the lines. We were sloppy on the ball mostly. We looked dangerous at times but it was based on risky passes that often got cut out.

Its getting increasingly frustrating that we are lacking the legs around the park, when other sqauds are packed full of players.

We are far, far too nice. It’s great finishing top of the fair play league every single year, but we need to play like bastards.

6 Likes

We clearly miss him. It’s not the only factor, but he brought so much to the team even when not 100%

2 Likes