Post match: Arsenal v Liverpool (EPL 9/10/22 4.30pm)

Even Wrighty being a massive Arsenal fan can’t understand it

1 Like

We miss him because he was a good player. We’re always going to miss good players. But he wasn’t a one man team. Until we moved him through the middle due to Firmino’s injuries, he wasn’t even getting in the team.

Yup agree with that. I like that we have a bunch of good characters, but we can’t win games with these shit referees by being nice. It’s become a battle of the bastards

3 Likes

We got what we deserved, nothing. Not disputing the 2 calls, how the handball wasn’t given I’ll never know. TAA going full 5 year old school boy for the second goal isn’t being robbed though. And I lost count of how many opportunities we had to clear the ball for the third goal.

5 Likes

What did he say? I’ve usually got loads of time for Wrighty.

1 Like

I am disagreeing with the Mo Salah bit he has been poor for close to 10 months now it is not the system Mo is off form can’t beat a man and also making poor decisions when passing

3 Likes

fair enough…but he did come to life when asked. I do think Mo and Nunez would transformed by a decent Mid. Needs sorting

Im with an arsenal fan who said the 2 pens went against us…but lets be honest their one summed our defending up. It was all over the place.

Ciry must be relishing next week where as our lads must wish the game was over already.

2 Likes

That wasn’t the only difference. They had more control of the game than we did. They played better and looked dangerous in their build up play. Too often we tried for the killer 40 yard pass that was easily defended.

Back to basics. Keep shape for first 20 mins. Pass the ball around. Just probe.

Why on earth is Tsimi getting caught up field when we lose the ball several times in the first 10 mins? Most of the goals we’ve conceded this season have been a carbon copy.

Can’t keep conceding a sloppy goal early. Get the balance right to allow Salah more opportunities to get in the box. He was on the peripheral all game today. One lovely pass to slip in (forgot who it was), but that was all.

Make sure we do our job against Rangers, then on to Man City. Konate should start on Wednesday to get ready for the battel with Haarland on Sunday.

1 Like

I think Arsenal deserved it on the balance of play but when the match is decided by inexplicable refereeing decisions, it makes me question how much of my time I should be investing in this sport.

4 Likes

I thought Gomez was as shit as Matip and VDD when he came on. Konaté and Hendo were very busy because of him!

In terms of the score line yes it was

I totally get that Arsenal played well, but in a 3-2 game when the referee turns down a pen for a blatant handball and gives one for a 50/50, then if us decisive.

2 Likes

Geez…where do we start…shall we make a list of wanted persons…cause only a few of our players now look as if they want to win. Has anyone heard of anything wrong in the team…has Mo had his nose put out by Darwin…Why is the team in turmoil…somethings happening in the background, that we dont know about…or am I just grasping at straws…in hope of a upturn in play…and I want to cry…

1 Like

Well I thought he went full for the ankle of Trent the rest I agree.

We think we play for the fair play cup but sometimes you need a smart asshole in midfield. When Gerrard left us, thank you Rodgers🤮 we never get another. Too many nice guys…

If it was just the system handcuffing Mo you’d expect him to still dribble by a defender every once in a while. He isn’t and he seemingly cannot. Today he was up against a reserve FB playing on the wrong side, had 4 or 5 opportunities to go at him and got nothing out of it at all.

1 Like

Stat- Liverpool have conceded as many big chances as Nottingham Forest this season

Without fabinho playing at full strength, we don’t have a DM.
Coke that with Trent, VVD and Mo all having their worst run in years, and you’ll see the train why Liverpool are horrible lately.
Diaz got taken out by party and it wasn’t even a foul. Oliver played into their hands and somehow Liverpool were the team that got the cards.
The handball in the box was a 50/50
The Jesus foul was a 50/50…
Heck, I think the Elliot non call at the end had more contact.

Like what I said, we need legs in the midfield to accomodate our style of play. We were successful when our full-backs are bombing the wings with our forwards cutting in and our CMs and DMs doing the hard running to cover our full-backs.

It worked for 6 years but it comes at the price. It increases the risk of injury and if the player is lucky, we just get a burned out player.

We are seeing this now from Fabinho and Hendo. Their replacements? Elliott and Keita and Jones.

Elliott and Jones for all their talent is not a midfield general that can have the pace and stamina to shut down the right side. Keita? MIA since the start of the season. No wonder, we are struggling.

Thiago is a good player that uses intelligence to shut down the left. We have a plodder in Hendo( whose best days were the year we won the league and nearly won the league) to try shut the right down.

This January,if I was Billy Hogan,I would be telling Julian Ward and Klopp to be ruthless. If we are in dire need of registration space, let’s terminate Milner’s contract earlier and give him an early retirement. No point dragging the present situation. If Keita feels his future is away from us, I would get Ward to sell him at around 5-10 million so that we can recoup some money back. As for Hendo, if by some weird chance, newcastle bids 35 million pounds for him , we should bite their hands off.

I am not being knee-jerk just that the midfield is so leggy that it is affecting us defensively and offensively.

Arsenal are having the runners from midfield overloading us and we never track their players or communicate with each other and many a time they play the one/two and we watch the ball rather than following our man

1 Like