Post match: Atalanta v Liverpool (EL 18/4/24 8pm

Yeah, indeed, and that was the worst of his mistakes.

1 Like

That was probably in the back of their minds all night :frowning:

So weā€™re chasing the tie, need 2 goals in 20 minutesā€¦letā€™s move our most promising forward to left-backā€¦and have our best finisher drop back 60 yards for whatever fucking reason while an international left-back sits on the bench and Curtis Jones plays with himself in the centre-circleā€¦sounds like a plan.

3 Likes

I sadly feel we just didnā€™t have the belief out there. Like winning 1-0 was fine and not worth risking.

Itā€™s probably more concerning than the games before because it just seemed like we gave up.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think the fact we couldnā€™t score in a brothel right now is lost on anybody.

Win and clean sheet but out of the last four this was our worst match.

Not a single player above a 6/10. Lifeless once again for a good 85mins of the match. Jones and Salah once again the worst 2 on the pitch.

Going out the Europa we can live with, no oneā€™s going to lose sleep over thatā€¦that could all change in a few days with another no show on Sunday, then it could well and truly be season done and dusted.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself. We were the best team by a fucking mile of that last 8 regardless of how poor weā€™ve been the last few weeks.
An opportunity missed.

8 Likes

Can someone burn that Parade thread too?

2 Likes

I donā€™t agree with any of it. If Klopp was in a mindset to continue, I would bite my arm off for it. I also honestly donā€™t think most of those (some are of course) are entirely serious, but that it is something many say to feel better. The next regime will not be nearly as good. If I am mistaken, good, but I donā€™t think I am in any way or form.

But sure, disappointing end to the season and all (but itā€™s not over yet even though it looks hard to win the league). But we are fightting for titles. In 2 years, who knows if we will do thatā€¦

Not the 1st leg?

3 Likes

That game was absolute dross

Are you 15 years old or something ? If you think itā€™s a given that the next manager will win multiple trophies, fight for league title in several seasons, then you are worse than a fool. Newsflash: Before Klopp came, Liverpool was an above average midtable team living on past glory and itā€™s a non-zero chance that may happen again. Look at Manchester United. Look at Chelsea. Those are clubs with money, some more than Liverpool.
For another manager to win the league with Liverpool ahead of a money-gravy train like Manchester City, it will be very hard. Itā€™s not likely to happen under the next manager, but maybe the one after that, or the one after that again. Weā€™ll seeā€¦

So maybe be a bit less of an ungrateful son of a bitch.

My Godā€¦

15 Likes

Donald Trump the League Cup aficionado?.. :rofl:

Donā€™t need a new rule we already have one but it is ignored, one new rule they need is when a goalie takes a routine catch and then falls to the floor as it is used as the 6 second rule only starts when they regain their feet

Mods, delete the troll

9 Likes

Is 12 hours of knitting on Norwegian NRK tempting, my friend ? non-stop, no commercial breaks :wink:
(crazy thing is that norwegian slow tv has become so popular that it was sold to Germany and elsewhere, so there are English versions of these programs spoken with a heavy Norwegian accent :smiley: )

Itā€™s super exciting, here you see they even cut the hair of a sheep, to beat the previous Australian recordā€¦

Ps. It says 8 h 40 min, but the next segment continues right after, making it 12 delicious hours in total of knitting.

I just had an haircut and the barber is an Arsenal fan, we always discuss footy and I said that realistically with the changes that we had at the start of the season I would have been over the moon to be where we are at, maybe apart from going out of the Europa.

I think it is that overall it has been a great season until the last 4 games, where we have runout of steam/been found out/not clinical enough, whatever, but it was the hope that it could have been a fantastic season.

However, you never know, it could still be and i will watch every game hoping that our fortunes/slump changes.

2 Likes

When this season started, I didnā€™t think we had a team strong enough to compete with City tbh. I was proven wrong, but on paper, some of our regulars are not that extremely skilled compared to quite a lot of big players (latter is just my opinion).

Going all the way, fighting to the end, was a big surprise to me, and of course, when it goes to shit, it hurts. But when I put my finger in the earth and consider our squad, it is not surprising that it canā€™t go all the way (yet, league is not over, just looks incredibly difficult).

I think Klopp has made gold out of some good players from the reserves, but I am not entirely convinced they will be super stars in 5 years from now and some of our previous best players have dipped in form a year or two ago (Salah is still very good, but imo his very best has been past him for a couple of years)ā€¦

So I think we should judge the season with realistic glasses, not just ā€œI am so fucking angry and disappointedā€ glasses.

My opinion anyway. But of course, when Klopp told us he was leaving, I dreamed of many titles indeed (we became better after he told us he was leaving, now our form dips again, but steam sometimes runs out).

2 Likes

I only get angry at poor individual play not the overall team as in most games we do give the effort.

Apart from the Atlanta games and the Arsenal game, we have been by far the best team but our coolness at the vital moment has cost us.

But I will still watch every game I can and will always think we can win everything.

I think next season will be very interesting providing we get the right coach.

3 Likes