Post match: Burnley v Liverpool (EPL 13/2/22 2pm)

The medium-term doesn’t look at all good for them. Massive debt load, and relegation will hammer their revenue. I have no idea what the new ownership group were thinking.

1 Like

I rate his footballing ability higher than that but even that has dropped IMO. The amount of times he concedes possession or miss controls the ball, like the time he took a knock today. He has been better than that.

1 Like

and that is why im so less critical of Fabs even when he fucks up. with gini gone and hendo in decline, fabs has had to work twice as hard to cover for hendo. Keita had a quiet game today and also got overpowered a few times, which is unlike him. With elliot i have concerns. we kinda lost a bit of the midfield last week when he came on. I think they are still trying to figure out what his most effective position should be while keeping a balance in the middle

More than Haaland and Ronaldo

3 Likes

The midfield is next for a big sort out. Hendo and Milner won’t be around for much longer. Thiago and Keita injury prone.

1 Like

the thing with hendo is when he is good, he is very good, but when he bad, he is very bad. no middle ground…he also has not been fit this season… my hope is whatever is hurting will heal and we will see “OUR” hendo back again as we head to seasons end

3 Likes

What an ugly win….but a great three points. Away to Burnley is hard enough without the type of conditions the lads had to play in today. Very very scrappy game wasn’t helped by some poor passes in midfield. Felt sorry for Mo who was pulled and pushed throughout the game without any protection at all. Gave Ali my MOM for looking solid throughout. When is the stupid offside rule going to be dropped before someone gets a serious injury.

2 Likes

We made our shirts dirty today. I am really happy because I know how difficult it is to come here. Absolutely satisfied."-Kopp

9 Likes

Thought we were more comfortable than the scoreline would suggest to be honest

Most of the time they looked dangerous they were offside, Ali smothered the rest.

Pope made 2 absolutely belting saves and Jota had a cert nicked away by the tip of a boot.

Couldve been more… but its 3 points for us… and one of Burnleys games in hand where they come away with nothing.

That’s cause for a beer in my book :beer: :beers: :beer:

1 Like

For now, we have Thiago Alcantara that can reduce the workload for Fabs. We will need to take a very serious look at our midfield options this coming summer.

The senior players’ age profile is kinda worrying for the midfield. Most of the key midfielders in our first team are reaching 30 years old or have already reached 30 years old years ago. The only central midfielders that is on the right age profile( 27 years old and below) in our first team are Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones and Naby Keita. Even Jones didn’t make it to the bench today. If we do nothing for the midfield this summer, we are just waiting for a midfield crisis to unfold upon us for many years to come. I rather we do a VVD type of signing for the midfield with the right age profile than wait for Curtis Jones to mature and for Naby Keita’s body to be like Gini when he was around.

1 Like

I can see that, but I don’t think a team that has been a fixture in the top flight for six season, with a bit of yo-yoing before should really be playing the shithouse football they do.

4 Likes

When they go, they will go down hard. They’ll be playing among the likes of Sunderland, Wigan, Bolton, and Portsmouth down in League One, all sides with a long run in the PL that ended in a similar way when the revenue tap turned off.

5 Likes

I’ve always said that when it comes to relegation and promotion, I’ll always take a local (North West) club staing up or coming up and they be replaced by an outlying club (Norwich, Southampton etc). :nerd_face:

1 Like

I doubt they would have much concern from the rain, I’ve not seen rain like I did in Rio a year or so back.

I was in Buenos Aires a few years ago and I thought the end of the world had arrived …I have never seen a storm like it. It was truly terrifying…

1 Like

Actually, I thought Burnley weren’t as bad as that. I’ve seen a lot worse (Bolton under big Sam). I can’t recall any seriously nasty incidents. And they did have the lion’s share of chances. Not quite shithouse football, just a lack of quality strikers.

2 Likes

We’ve had the best set piece success rate in PL for a few seasons in a row. Not appreciated by some how rare it is to score from a corner (1 in 50 approx)

1 Like

Burnley and shithouse football has become a meme. I didn’t see any today either. Two sides trying their best in atrocious conditions…the worst tackle was Henderson’s.

8 Likes

Missed this one, just saw the LFC interview with Fab and it was torrential behind him. Was it like that during the game?

If you think that’s all Bobby has done for the last 7 years then I recommend a different sport

2 Likes