Post match: Fulham v Liverpool (ELC 24/1/24 8pm)

2 Likes

Pretty much sums it up.

Midfield 3 all did well. Never looked in trouble up until the goal. Gakpo anonymous. Macca, Elliott and Diaz MOTM.

2 Likes

Piece of aggregate piss.

And ESPN+ is still shit

:0)

12 Likes

Brilliant game from the Grav.

https://twitter.com/Mobyhaque1/status/1750278115245371713

5 Likes

Yep 1st class dickweed…needs to keep his big fat gob shut…stupid boy…

1 Like

Posted at 22:1422:14

‘Special’

FT: Fulham 1-1 Liverpool (agg 2-3)

Liverpool

Liverpool defender Jarell Quansah, speaking to Sky Sports: "It is special, unbelievable. Can’t ask for much more really. We had to dig in tonight. It is my first season here and happy to get to a final.

"It is all about rhythm, you have to keep playing. I felt a little rusty as I’ve not played recently.

"Doing this with Conor [Bradley] is special for me because we have played together for 10 years."

10 Likes

Studge still looks good, stylewise…

1 Like

Yeah, thought Gravenberch was much improved tonight. There’s going to be a lot of competition for places in the not too distant future.

7 Likes

It might feel that way Jarell but you’ve actually only played with him since 2019.

1 Like

Two players, five years. 2x5 = 10.

Do the math(s) Sweetie!

Maybe he meant 5 years each. :thinking:

1 Like

22:31

‘Not a night to shine, a night to reach a final’

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "It is fantastic. We had the experience before, we know what to expect. Again Chelsea wow what a story that is,.

"You should never take for granted if you are part of the team who can qualify for trophies.

"This was the full cup experience. Open game, second half they started a bit wilder. We don’t score. They got the equaliser. But the boys did really well and I am really happy.

"The only thing that counts in the end is that we are through,. The very young ones have been incredible, so happy to see their reaction in the dressing room.

"They are all exceptional and they all worked extremely hard. This was not the night to shine, this was the night to qualify for a final. You heard from Marco Silva how much reaching a final would mean for Fulham, we had to prove and we did.

"Everything great about the Carabao Cup final. Around that we have to be focused on all the other competitions as well and that is what we will do.

“It is so perfect. Wembley is a special place and I am really happy for everyone involved they can have that experience.”

6 Likes

22:45

‘We are really looking forward to Wembley’

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live after the game: "Outstanding and I am so happy this was a proper cup game and a cup tie over both legs.

"Nobody thought we would go through easily and that wasn’t the case. Fulham did everything and they threw everything on the pitch.

"We started well with not only the goal, but the whole performance we was really flexible.

"After half an hour our foot slipped off the gas and it was more open, we should have scored a second one and in the second half we should have scored a third one.

"Then they scored, it is sensational from Harry [Wilson] we had to bring it over the line and we are really looking forward to Wembley.

“It is a tough period, but we have had the time off and now they come thick and fast.”

On reaching Wembley: "You should have seen the dressing rom, they are over the moon the young kids.

"The stadium will be full blue and red, it is a good one.

“Coming here tonight and then going through is special - you can never take these things for granted.”

6 Likes

Fulham fans seem to largely see it the same way as us - Fulham didn’t play well for majority of the game and were beaten by the better team.

6 Likes

The young ones did themselves proud. Quansah especially, who was the best defender on the pitch. Gomez from the LB position with another exemplary performance. Midfield was great until Mac Allister got subbed and Gravenberch, who had a solid game, got exhausted. Diaz, Nunez and Gapko worked hard and posed a constant threat.

The team is looking really good and seems to have gained a few more players that can contribute. In the meantime, another trip to Wembley awaits, hopefully with the same result.

1 Like

Maybe it’s not football he is talking about…

As I said 1-1 will do!

3rd choice right back as well!

Watched it at the Cottage in the Fulham end. Our away fans (just nearby) where epic. Well.done if.you were there! Fulham are a very civilised bunch and it’s a lovely place to visit but they certainly aren’t the loudest. We easily put them to shame in that context.

Felt like we had control of the game for.most of it. Had them pinned back with our pressing a lot, particularly in the second half. Team looked.fluid in their passing and well drilled. Particularly considering the number of.kids on the pitch by the end.

Wilson coming on changed the game for Fulham and their team and crowd found a bit of fire for the last 15.

I was pleased as was there with my (prospective) father in law and wanted a good game for both of us.

Klopp’s change to a back 3 soon brought it back under control though and I never felt overly worried. Have to say Konate, Quansah and Van Dyke is an imposing sight even from the other end of the stand!

MOTM Diaz, Macca and VVD (for his leadership mostly).

Special mention for Gakpo whose close control of the ball around their box was great fun to watch live and Gravy for a much improved performance…

Oh and Nunez was everywhere as usual. Gotta love him really :heart:

9 Likes