Post match: Fulham v Liverpool (ELC 24/1/24 8pm)

I wouldn’t say it was brilliant but it showed glimpses of what he is capable of.

I will be honest. Before he joined us, I had never seen him play. I had heard the rumours of our interest and that he was highly rated, but that he opted for Bayern.

I don’t think he has actually had a great game for us, however, in the minutes he has had, bad or good, it is clear he is a very talented player. I am really looking forward to how he develops with us, he has a lot to learn but he seems to have all the attributes :+1:t2:

4 Likes

And we had to face a tough PL team away

Not like the chelshits who faced an easier opposition at home with their full strength team

1 Like

He probably didn’t have that long a preseason with us. Atleast compared to Soboszlai and Mac.

I’ll expect him to start improving further when he starts getting into the groove more and more. He’s got talent , that’s for sure.

But as of now , he’s a substitute. He’s not getting into the team ahead of Mac , Jones , Endo on the center and left side of the midfield. I do hope he can prove himself to be someone who offers something different than Jones more consistently.

4 Likes

Hope Chelsea recall Kepa for the inevitable shootout in the final.

You think you know fashion? Fashion’s a stranger.

2 Likes

It certainly is to me.

1 Like

Don’t be so modest Craig, you are a fashion icon! :joy:

Like I have ever right to call him a pillock anywhere on this board.

You are our de facto fashionista MH, mainly due to lack of alternative candidates, so we all highly respect your sartorial judgement.

Danny was looking rather stylish to be fair.

Maybe I should rate the pundit dress sense.

1 Like

Did what we had to do,last few minutes had us sitting up though.
The highlight for me is the young lads that are coming through are looking the goods.
At this rate we are going to push everyone hard.

2 Likes

That would be fabulous, but please watch out for ‘thread leakage’.

You know how it plays havoc with my OCD.

1 Like

True.

1 Like

Sky Sports viewers of Liverpool vs Fulham can’t believe ears after commentator’s gaffe

Fulham vs Liverpool was not the most exciting League Cup semi-final tie fans have ever seen, but there was one moment where fans seemed to collectively go “eh?”

Sky Sports were left aghast by one unfortunate commentary slip in Fulham’s League Cup semi-final clash against Liverpool. In a period where refereeing mistakes, questionable line-ups and player gaffes are always the major talking points, fans suddenly realised the commentator had somewhat of a Freudian slip.

It came when Alexis Mac Allister was being replaced by Curtis Jones in the second half. Somehow, the person on the microphone confused the ex-Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder with his father Carlos.

The commentator was heard saying “Carlos Mac Allister” instead of "Alexis Mac Allister. Shortly after the error, one fan said: One said: “‘Carlos Mac Allister’, this commentator just called Alexis by his dad’s name.”

A second then added: “‘Carlos Mac Allister is being replaced here’. Fair play to Carlos for still getting a game at the tender age of 55.” A third then said: “Did the @SkySports commentator just say Carlos Mac Allister or am I hearing things?”

Carlos - Third Left… Playing in the same team with the GOAT

1 Like

Spanning two decades! :astonished:

1 Like

“Not the most thrilling”.

Was quite a decent game

1 Like

It was never going to be an easy match, away against a decent PL team, motivated to reach its first-ever League Cup final. Not to mention all the absences due to injuries and internationals.

Well, we could have put the tie to bed a fortnight ago or yesterday at an earlier point in time. It wasn’t meant to be. Still, we were fully in control of the match except for the last 15 minutes. But anyway, if there was a match this January we didn’t need to win, it was yesterday.

I am proud of all the lads that played yesterday. Onto Wembley!

2 Likes

I’d even go as far as saying it felt like there were less than 10 mins were we weren’t in control. Once Klopp made the defensive changes it felt like we managed the game out reasonably easily.

2 Likes