Post match: Leeds v Liverpool (EPL 17/4/23 8pm)

I like him, I do feel he gets too much stick but some of this is fair. He made a couple of stray passes in the first half but generally his game was good. I always felt Jones’ issue (apart from staying fit) was that he fell between positions. I think our system has changed slightly which suits him a bit better. Early days but :crossed_fingers:t2: for him.

5 Likes

I appreciate the apathy in here of late.

But fucking GET IN!!!

4 Likes

This team looked like it is beginning to know how to play for each other again

3 Likes

Klopp says that our counter pressing clicked during the second half against Arsenal, and the lads were able to carry it over in this game, after a good week of training.

5 Likes

Let’s hope we can continue this good form into the Forest game.

5 Likes

Klopp at the end there falling off his chair :rofl: :rofl:

I’m glad he said he his favorite moment came in stoppage time, mine too Jurgen!

3 Likes

If Forest are that open like yesterday I think we will have chances.

1 Like

Might now take a quick glimpse at the ladder for the first time in a while.

Trent and that other local lad got my 1st 2 votes, then I went for Ibou, as too many times our defenders after making a mistake have gone from bad to worse, whereas Ibou cartird on with dominating there forwards

1 Like

With Diaz back now, looks like Salah will finally be getting some competition on his side of the pitch… which all in all, can only be good for improving his form, and the entire forward line in general…
Win our game in hand, then if we can beat Spursy Spurs, we take their place in the table, with same number of games played

1 Like

Seventh with a rocket!!!

Boom!

2 Likes

Calm down. We’re still eighth.

2 Likes

Don’t we all count games in hand as wins?!?!?!

WTF??

2 Likes

Why not…

A few reasons…but I’m all in!

2 Likes

Good enough…me too :+1:

1 Like

would trent work as an attacking midfielder???

I personally don’t see why not.

He’s skillful and he works hard.

2 Likes

Lovely win. Top four not completely gone, just mostly, and when we do something like this it gets me looking at that again :grinning:

But in all likelihood it is a bridge too far without enough games left to make up the difference.

There were lots of things to like about today. Jones has taken a lot of criticism so I was glad to see him do well. If we can keep him fit he has a good future here.

Jota hasn’t been there yet, since returning from injury, but two goals today will have done him the world of good.

Nunez took his goal very well, and I think there is loads more to come from him. Hopefully he kicks on next season, after a first season bedding in period.

Lovely to see Diaz back on the pitch. Such a good player. Hopefully we see him hitting the heights again soon.

Final word for me is about Trent. He had an excellent game, all over, showing for the ball in midfield, knitting things together, usual range of passing on show, couple of assists… it was all there.

My question, for the more knowledgeable reds, is how it works if Trent is more of a midfielder. He looked like a midfielder today, so does this mean we might look to sign another right back?

Or can Trent play in midfield and to enable it we do something with the other three defenders, in possession?

It looked like Konate shifted over to the right and closed spaces and defended well there, apart from their goal. Is that the tactical switch that gets Trent into midfield?

It’s a bit unclear to me how it all works.

Are we becoming more of a 3-4-3?

5 Likes

The switch to three at the back makes sense, as nobody attacks us anyway. Our opponents invariably sit deep and hope to hit us on the break.

What we need are mobile midfielders who are able to track back and help out when we are being counterattacked.

3 Likes