Post Match: Leicester v Liverpool (EPL 13/2/21 12.30pm)

Seems like Mignolet stole a wig and Ali’s uniform.

On Thiago, I get that he’s not had much support around him in terms of players in good form, but by and large he himself hasn’t played well (aside from a game or two).

At the moment I don’t know how we can get back from this anymore

1 Like

Dunno what the answer is anymore but a result isn’t coming anytime soon so I think we will have to give Europe a miss next season.

1 Like

Set your alarm for 29th May.

We’ll have a game in Istanbul on that date; the English establishment can’t shaft us in Europe.

3 Likes

You know it’s desperate when many are pinning their hopes on Nat Phillips changing our fortunes.

14 Likes

It was a two handed shove on Mane. But you are forgetting that as it’s a Liverpool player, then the Prem rules state it was most likely a dive by Mane.

7 Likes

The only way that is ‘correctly’ awarded, is if the rules specifically say that offside against Liverpool doesn’t count.

I’m also fucking fuming about Taylor ignoring our player getting pushed over just before the Vardy goal. We had one ruled out against Spurs that was far less ‘phase of play’ that todays.

5 Likes

At the moment the words ‘‘mentality monsters’’ looks like the totally opposite of this Liverpool team.
Dominating for 70 minutes and then when they take the lead, the players lost their heads and made a series of absurd mistakes.

The main culprits today:

Alisson - has been shaky once again, could have done better for their first and gifted them the second goal.

Firmino - looks like a shadow of the real Bobby we know. One nice trick for Salah’s goal, can’t justify his terrible form not only today, but for 90% of the season.

Tiago - well, in the old forum I said that he is not a world class player and we don’t need him. 6 months in a red shirt and still waiting to see a performance that can be labelled world class.
And 6 months is enough time for such a well paid veteran. If he was a young player, I d’ say that 1 year is the minimum of time he deserves, but he was signed to deliver immediately.

Most the other players did well, fought and tried, but it is obious that team is lacking belief and confidence.

Sadly this reminds me very much of Klopp’s last season in Dortmund - injuries, footballers playing out of position, bad luck, individual mistakes, conceing late goals etc.

Kind words to Trent who is playing better lately. Jones is also doing well, he looks a much better all around player than AOC and he will be.

Hendo has been great and doing a diffcult task as a central defender, which is a travesty /because we need him in midfield/, but the club failed last summer and this January they were waiting till the last day of the window to find a solution for something that had to be done in the first week of January.

Top 4 looks like a very, very difficult aim now. The players need to show their character on the field.

5 Likes

It’s a miscommunication with a new CB. It’s no coincidence that the only player who doesn’t know that Ali is clearing that is that new one.

Leicester were fucking shit.

1 Like

We need to drop Karius and play Alisson instead. Good for 75 minutes and then the same stuff as against city.

2 Likes

Today, sure, but if he didn’t do an Adrian (2x) the previous game I would be more forgiving.

Think you meant the inverse.

Leipzig on Tuesday will happily park the bus and beat us in the counterattack. We will be out of Europe before you know it.

This season is going nowhere fast

1 Like

Oh yes. It was lucky. Bobby did not mean that at all. He was trying to control the ball but stumbled and the ball went fortuitously to Mo. And Salah was trying to pass to Andy rather than shoot. And there must have been a Lampard deflection on his shot. And Kasper must have thought he heard the ref’s whislte so he turned round rather than dive. Yeah, a very lucky goal. No skill involved at all. Pure luck.

9 Likes

Leicester were shite for the whole game and now they’ll be praised throughout the media. No words will be said about Taylor other than he did a good job.

But I have to drive,so maybe best to wait til later :frowning_face:

1 Like

On the bright side, another strong match from Jones. Looking more and more important for us. As soon as he left the pitch…

Firmino was great, too. Has been the last two matches.

2 Likes

But at the same time I am amazed how many people blame the ref and call it a conspiracy when

1. We still weren’t that good. Schmeichel had to make 0 saves

2. They made Alisson work harder than we made Kasper work.

First goal

Shit tackle from Thiago. Ref gives fk, correctly, VAR gives fk, correctly. Goal is awarded with those silly lines (hate these rules and what football has become) but correctly awarded.

Second goal

GK has a brain fart and the rest is history

Third

Mo plays a (fairly simple) square pass in midfield straight to a blue shirt and 1 pass and they’re in.

As fans we need to take ownership that the team are drastically under performing and any sign of a challenge they are shying away from it

1 Like

Terrible result that puts us in a fight for 4th place. It started with Thiago giving away the penalty that turned out to be a free kick. Allison again…sigh. I hope it doesn’t damage his long term confidence. So far, extremely unimpressed with our new recruit also.