Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 20/11/21 5.30pm)

Anyhow I thought we played excellent throughout the side and Alisson was sharp when he needed to be.

Much improved performances by Thiago and Ox with the front three far lively than we have seen.

Hopefully no one has picked up a knock but more games like that. Games like Brighton and Westham offered similar set ups so I’ll chalk this down as being a good performance rather than the tanking of Man Utd which was good but they were also shit

2 Likes

Uh oh Jurgen saying someone took a knock…who was it? Jota?

1 Like

Jota was the one I thought, though can’t be too serious I reckon.

He didn’t go down the tunnel and sky didn’t spend 5 minutes focusing on him with ice on it. Plus Klopp didn’t pull him immediately or soon after.

Plus his sub made sense in regards to who he will play in midweek.

2 Likes

Arteta:”we had a goal disallowed”

Mate it wasn’t a goal, offside as clear as day!

4 Likes

Laughable and embarrassing. Back on the bus, lad.

4 Likes

Love Souey bigging us up “Liverpool, by any measure in world football, are the real deal”

5 Likes

Well, Arsenal were well and truly put in their place today. It took us a while to get going, but then blew them away in the 2nd half. It’s especially satisfying because the media have been talking them up all week. Oooops!!
And it’s great to see a fit Thiago back, pulling the strings in midfield.

5 Likes

Did they also win the first half?

3 Likes

Yep, when he collided with the keeper. It looked like his left knee was the problem. Hopefully not serious.

1 Like

Is that the same knee he injured last year ?

I think it was the same knee, yes.

Fuck , that’s what I thought of as soon as it happened. Lose him now and we really are gonna be in the shit come January.

They allowed him to continue after the collision, which I thought was a bit strange, because the game was won. Maybe it’s not that bad after all.

1 Like

Very satisfying. Arsenal started brightly, and I want to give them some credit. They are a young team on the up, and have every chance of fighting for fourth if they keep growing.

We are a class above, and showed it today. Steady start, but then we started to take more of a grip on it. Nice Mane header from a good Trent cross, some passion coming into the game after Arteta’s handbags, and then with the crowd fired up, and the team moving through the gears, we piled on a few more goals to win easily in the end.

4-0 and without Ramsdale, Arsenal might have conceded 3–4 more today.

Lovely to see Thiago controlling it. His passing and tempo is so good. Arguably he is susceptible to a bit of rough and tumble, which the refs allow in the Prem, more so than on the continent. But Thiago was very good today.

Mane scored. Mo scored. Jota scored. Minamino scored. Lovely to see.

Now come on Rafa, give Pep a tactical masterclass tomorrow and grind out a famous draw.

6 Likes

Way I saw it was he was holding his delicates at first then the knee was being moved but evidently if they felt it had been serious he would have been off, he ran around for another 15 minutes by my clock and the natural replacement for him came on with the game dead at 3-0.

It might be a knock but if it is Jota I can’t see it being serious. He also sat on the bench afterwards which is always a positive.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Maybe he went straight down the tunnel when subbed to check if he still had a pair.

He didn’t go down the tunnel I don’t think, I’m sure he and Ox were on the bench.

1 Like

I hope so. I’m only going by the commentator saying he went straight down the tunnel.

1 Like

Ah fair enough I though he was behind Klopp, I always have them on mute.

1 Like