Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 20/11/21 5.30pm)

6 Likes

I would suggest that is what you call a thumping win. Poor Arteta, doesn’t even have the decency to acknowledge his team we’re smacked. Apparently they threw the game away. Piss off.

8 Likes

A shout out for Alison. Nowt to do all game (except to be the 3rd CB) but switched on for the save from Partay? I’ve seen keepers lose concentration when not involved for long periods. Back four all solid today. Trent with 2 more assists. Costas looks like he’s been our LB for years. Robbo is my favourite player. I play LB for my team and my Dad was Scottish. But it’s great to know we have a solid back up when Robbo needs a rest.
All of the midfield were on the ball today. Thiago’s best game for us since his debut. The Ox showing us what he can do. It’s been a while but it’s still there. Fab doing what Fab does. Goals for all of the front 4 (I’m including Taki here (The Bugger)). I had a free £5 bet on the game and went for 3-0 @ 12 to 1. Thanks Taki lad😡
Mo, Sadio and Diogo were on fire today. When they play like that they’re unstoppable. Hendo, Tyler Morton and Taki (obviously after scoring with his first touch) all had good cameos. It was heartwarming to here the reception Jordan got. Did I mention that Taki cost me £60? Anyway, moving on, a fine performance. Can I just mention my Mate Steve? A really lovely Gooner. He wished me all the best today(as I did him). He was watching our game at home in Fuerteventura. He was also watching the rugby. I haven’t looked at the rugby scores, but I hope he found comfort in those.

Good Night and God bless. COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

15 Likes

Morel like it,great to see!
Arsenal started OK but that was pretty well where it ended for them.
Really pleased to see OX coming back on song,long may it continue.
Front three were sublime today,keep that up and there are a lot of goals to come.
Didn’t think there were any passengers though Allison had to look for something to do.
MOTM for me Fab,just did his job and bloody well!

3 Likes

Yes. Embarrassing from arseteta all he managed to do with his macho demonstration was to wake us into action and pump up Klopp no end

6 Likes

I wonder if Ben White ever returned from Jota sending him out for a hot dog and soda just prior to putting the ball in the net.

10 Likes

Made up for the boys to win this in the way they did. As I posted in the West Ham thread, the media and socials (prematurely) left us for dead. Couple that with Arsenal, Arteta, and Ramsdale being the current media darlings and “form” team coming into the match.

Was extremely proud of the way the boys responded to the emotion The Boss showed sticking up for Sadio, in the row with Arteta. That was genuinely the turning point and wake up call.

Ox was sensational at both ends. Will be a forgotten moment but in the 7th or 8th minute tracking Saka back into the box and making a great defensive play to prevent Saka a free header.

Trent. Just wow. Just. Wow. World class.

How happy was the boys for Taki when he scored? That was really cool to see.

Just couldn’t be more proud of the effort. To lay a marker down and put a pretender Arsenal side back in their proper place. I felt embarrassed for Arteta. It shows how high strung he is and how thin his skin is. Acting like a hard boy that he wanted to throw hands with The Boss. As the youths these days say, he really didn’t want that smoke. It was that classic act of running his mouth but actively looking for someone to hold him back. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

I would say both Ox and Morton should start against Porto. Premier League is still too much for Morton, but I would not say the same with Porto - Rhys also plays his first matches in CL. Meanwhile, Ox needs a run of games.

1 Like

My 3 picks for this match:
Fab
Thiago
Ox

Massive shout out to TAA. 2 Assists and admirable defensive duties. Good lad.

They bossed the middle of the park. Laid traps for the press from the front. Came back for important interceptions - Ox very early in the game and Fab killed off the massive counter attack. Excellent display.

The front 3 did what the front does all the time (then front 4). Gave the opposite defense so much headaches. Each of the front players slotted in a goal each. Nicely done.

Our 2 pillars of the CBs were fantastic. I was very concerned when Auba ran behind VvD, but somehow big Virg realised the danger in the last sec and put on the jets to place the ball out of danger. Tsimi needs more games but he did just fine.

Ali was solid when called upon.

Cameo by Hendo was excellent for orchestrating the final goal. A good runabout for young Morton Tyler.

Hope that Jota is OK.

5 Likes

One could almost hear the squeal of agony coming from him when his team got hammered by our press deep in their own half time after time after time after time. He has clearly let the hype get to him after this little run, came to Anfield as Billy Big Balls and then proceeded to hang his team out to dry with a laughably inept setup.

I’m quite offended by the thought of Arteta, strangely enough. Seems to have become highly rated courtesy of a few years up Pep’s arse and now everyone seems to not be able to wait to climb up his when things bear just the passing semblance of not going all to pot. He was shown up today and I loved every minute of seeing his smug face being rubbed in it and fading back to irrelevance.

8 Likes

What is it with these still-wet-behind-the-ears former “club legend” wannabe managers bigging themselves to square up against truly established world class bosses.
First there was Fat Frank and now the mini Arsene.
They just never realise/learn that they will quickly be put back in their place.

4 Likes

In a nutshell, the media. These managers are not experienced enough and bar a couple like Guardiola and Zidane, off the top of my head, very few ex players get a big gig and start winning titles straight off the bat. Ex players can make good managers and over the decades there have been quite a few but they have also in the most part gathered years of experience before taking up a proper job. However there is such a clamour these days that appointing ex players that have gone into management who have a history with a club is becoming much more common regardless of whether they’ve really proved themselves. As long as we don’t go down that route I’m good with it as it’s cost years for some our biggest rivals.

6 Likes

Totally agree. The very last person I want to see managing our club in the near / medium term future is Steven Gerrard. Let him make his mistakes elsewhere before we even consider whether he’s got what it takes. Appointing managers on sentiment is pure folly.

7 Likes

Prime example being OGS though the Clueless One is not fully wet behind the ears. It’s all mud, so semi wet. :rofl:

That really isn’t the impression that I got from the pre-match thread. I will take your word for it as I think on there they were all a bit jittery until the 3rd goal went in. :smiley:

1 Like

I’d start Tsimi every game now. He was nearly faultless in defence and attack. His deliveries recently have been much better than Robbos as has been his positioning

9 Likes

One of our easiest games of the season well done to all.

2 Likes

The way Arsenal play - and their mentality - meant I was never too concerned about this one. Southampton will be more of a test, ironically, in the way Brighton was. Hopefully, the dead rubber CL games benefit us a bit and we can use this as a springboard at the toughest point in the season.

2 Likes

Bit disappointing not even 80 posts after such a great victory. You guys obsessed with the mancs. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Our midfield is very amazing today. They did everything that we failed to do in the last 2 PL matches. High energy pressing of the opponent,2nd ball recoveries and a very good tracking of the opponent.

I believe the Fabinho and Thiago midfield fulcrum is the key to that. So many times, I saw these 2 work well together to intercept the ball and dispossess the opponent. That also worked well for AOC who used his athleticism to run the Arsenal’s midfield to the ground. AOC benefited greatly from his midfield partners as it frees him up to focus on the right and he produced an excellent box-to-box performance.

4 Likes