Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 23/12/23 5.30pm)

Shaun :rofl::rofl:

Also Saka should’ve been shown a 2nd yellow for taking out Grav!!

https://x.com/LfcShaunjudge/status/1738661454763462986?s=20

3 Likes

Even Dale Johnson has said it was handball. He usually waits for his briefings before trying to give plausible reasons as to why the ref team came to their decision.

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1738668041297174799

1 Like

The injuries are piling up just in time for January where the usual suspects will start to appear and criticise the owners for not investing in the squad. Again.

3 Likes

Even if he did lose his balance, using that reason to wave away the penalty is ridiculous. So if someone slips and their hand prevents a goal, it’s ok? What a shambolic take my the VAR yet again

2 Likes

Trent

It’s a blatant penalty, not even that little Ty creature from AFTV could argue against that.

6 Likes

100% certain that Man City would get the pen if that had been them attacking.

6 Likes

And every fuckwit who says “These things even themselves out over the course of the season” can fuck right off.

12 Likes

For TAA to score that goal, he needs to raise the bar.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by Justin

“I always wait until Mr. Dermot (Gallagher) explains it (to) me the next day, what’s really the case. He will find a way to explain to me that it was not handball.

“I don’t know. For me, it’s a clear handball. I have no idea if it would influence the result or not. I don’t even know exactly when it was because I only saw it after the game and not in the game.”

The evening out is usually that we get an inexplicable penalty in injury time against a team we are already 4:0 up against.

5 Likes

Or the red card like against the Mancs last week.

1 Like

Oh, that one was completely strange. Was any explanation given or was that just Olivers knack of antagonising people again?

1 Like

We’ve got to improve in possession. The counterpressing was excellent at times, we won the ball high up the pitch and then proceeded to do nothing with it. A lot of it has to do with the forwards piss poor form but even still there’s a lot of room for improvement.

We seem too dependent on TAA making everything click. There has to be much better interplay between everyone in the final third.

They would get the penalty even if it wasn’t a clear handball.

I know that you are joking but if you take a closer look, the ball bobbles up right before he hits it. Rotten luck again.

1 Like

The penalty decision should remove any doubt that the League is bent.

Another home game when we didn’t play well. This is what irritates me most. This is barely half-way into the season, but too many players look jaded.

7 Likes

Exactly so, just as you put your foot on the ball in a tackle, you lose balance and slip into another player’s bone, injuring him. Happened already, clear red.

Happened against us last night, should’ve seen a second yellow.
Happened with a clear handball, no penalty.

I wonder of the consistency if this game is played at home on Ettihad.

1 Like

100% a pentalty for that handball.

Played very well for the most part.
Man of the match - Gomez, he was immense.
Dom struggling with the pace sometimes.
Gravenberch was fucking awful.
Trent unlucky with his attempt from Mo’s through ball, awesome performance though.

100% a penalty for that handball.

A cynic would think that maybe the people in power would rather see Arsenal win the league than us.
Corrupt cnts.

7 Likes

When you fall you place your palm down to break your fall, not scoop your hand so you fall on your knuckles. and he didn’t touch the floor at all anyway, because he wasn’t falling. It’s a clear penalty.

The problem is Trent (or anyone else in that 5v1 situation should have scored so it doesn’t have to sting as much. Terrible luck the ball bounced up a bit but he still should be scoring.

3 Likes

Not too worried about not being on top for Christmas ,
Pressure on Arsenal now. :face_with_peeking_eye: Arsenal top of the league is nothing new for Xmas all way back to wenger to now.
Thankfully not Listening to pundits about why being top league is good or not. Point behind we all going to take it.
What’s more important it’s in our hands to win.
:movie_camera::movie_camera::movie_camera:đŸ«đŸ«đŸ«
VAR became blind last nite, wtf was Ødegaard at, It was clear as day! A Becker save to be proud of, Then not getting punishedđŸ€” I don’t understand VAR,
Just last year penalties given all over the shop some the worst call ie ball hitting unknowingly hands and the like :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I understand that PGMOL have issued their customary ‘sorry not sorry’ statement now, so I think all the wresting with trying to understand why David Coote felt no need to get involved is now redundant.

It was a penalty and VAR fucked up. Again.

2 Likes