Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 23/12/23 5.30pm)

I have so enough of corrupt incompetent MO :face_vomiting:

https://twitter.com/anfieldrd96/status/1738671579565875355?s=46&t=WmjWm_FqqFdVHHP8b7dN9A

7 Likes

That is no fucking slip. Heā€™s standing on his left foot and pivoting to reach the ball. Itā€™s clear as daylight, weā€™ve been robbed again.

3 Likes

Hopefully 3 will be back soonish.

We really need a couple of weeks of those coming back and losing no one else to injury.

Seems Maca and Jota have a chance of Newcastle if not before. I do think a defender was required before the injury last night I think thatā€™s required now.

Even if itā€™s a loan type, Chambers can probably be played in some games but not sure about others. Strangely CM seems to have options for once :joy:

1 Like

It was bound to be a tough match. At least we got a point, even though we were not at our best.
We donā€™t have the pressure, so, hopefully, in the new year, we will get Robbo back soon.

I thought Salah took the wrong decision twice he should have shot on goal instead of passing the ball imo he would have had a higher chance of scoring one of them then odegaard decided to play basketball in his box and as per usual the ref and VAR decide to give us Fall

I think Endo is doing really well in the defensive mid position but it worries me the times heā€™s been booked. I just think that itā€™s only a matter of time before he gets two in a game. I canā€™t actually remember a game when he wasnā€™t booked. I think he just needs to curb his aggression a tad.

2 Likes

Saka injured him not Klopp and throughout the match he got away with some nasty tackles and when he finally got a yellow the ref almost was apologetic about it

5 Likes

They also cancelled their game against Brentford we didnā€™t get that luxury when we went away we had to play our youngsters

2 Likes

POS referee

https://twitter.com/zanetalkssports/status/1738663093918367757?s=46&t=WmjWm_FqqFdVHHP8b7dN9A

1 Like

Did I do ok boss I fucked up those knuts a gain for you!

1 Like

At this rate come the end of each season theyā€™re gonna have to start awarding extra points to clubs negativity impacted by clear and obvious fuck ups which have influenced the outcome of a match.

1 Like

Not in the league we didnā€™t.

Pleased with the result. I wrote several times that this is a new Liverpool team that is still finding his way. For example Arsenal and Arteta needed 3 years and huge spending spree to be in this situation and still we were a match for them, thanks to Klopp.

Arsenal were much better for most of the 1st half and they had the better start of the game, something tipycal for us - a slow start, that cost goals for the opponents. We dominated them for 25 minutes in the 2nd half and Trent had a perfect chance to win it for us. At the same time they had a nice opportunity when Saka was 1vs.1 with Alisson and seconds later Martinelli missed.

Impressed with Trent, VvD, Salah, Endo, Tsimikas, Gomez. Konate was solid, but still managed to miss on Gabriel for their goal.
Jones and Dom were ok, they need to start ahead of Gravenberch. Diazā€™s poor form continues and sadly for us Jota has another injury which makes our left side very problematic.

Gravenberch was really poor, he needs to take a long look at himself, getting chances and not doing enough to use them. Simply inexcusable, those 3 substitutions Klopp made helped Arsenal /not us/ get a firm grip on the matchā€¦ A t least Elliott and Nunez ran, pressed and were not as disappointing as Ryan.

The club must spend money in January. We must sign a left back and probably an attacking player. Doak is out for months, Jota is regularly injured, while Diaz left injured yesterday and his form is a cause of concern. Salah will be missing fthe ACON and last time he came exhausted after the end of the tournament. Actually Salah is the only offensive player scoring and delivering at the moment. The club must find a solution, I remember very well Diazā€™s transfer gave the club a positive vibe and fressh new legs. Something similar has to be done now.

In my opinion the realistic aim of the club must be top 4 finish, everything else will be a huge bonus.

I really liked our hunger. In the second half we were all over them like a rash. After we won the ball back in their third about ten times, the ref started blowing for free kicks, incorrectly, which was infuriating.

Penalty not given was frustrating.
Trent onto the bar was frustrating (it bobbled up and Iā€™ve not seen that said much)

But we fought hard, the crowd was up for it too, and we were very unlucky not to win all three points.

Injuries are frustrating, and hopefully we sign a good defender in January.

Thereā€™s no reason why we canā€™t be in a title fight, but one suspects Man City will come back and put in a run.

1 Like

The Saka 1 v 1 was offside

1 Like

The bobble was mentioned, in game by me, after seeing the 1st replay :trophy:

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

How many points now this season? Four?

1 Like

If thatā€™s genuine, which I donā€™t believe it to be. Itā€™s embarrassing.

3 Likes

It looks doctored from the Spurs statement.

1 Like

Its not a real PGMOL statement.