Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 28/9/20 8pm)

Made us sweat in that second half but they got it done. Some more clinical finishing and it could have been five or six to be honest. That sounds negative, but it’s because our standards are so high. Thought we played well, bossed the game in midfield, which was an area I was slightly worried about, and created great chances that invariably started at the back of the pitch. The way in which every player gets involved in our pass and move football is a joy to watch - like our great teams of old.

That was a banana skin and we came through it. Early days, but we’re the best team in the league and I’m feeling pretty optimistic about retaining if we keep taking each game seriously and playing like that.

And Jota! Deserved his goal. Good hunger from the lad.

8 Likes

But somewhere that strategy seemed pretty obvious what they were trying today. Absolutely resolved to play initial few passes at the back, then play long for their runners to capitalise on movement of our defenders. Not sure how much that’s going to help against all teams, because we could have destroyed them today and they were lucky it was only 3.

But yes, still at least didn’t look clueless like Ole and had a plan to execute.

2 Likes

Utterly destroyed them and if we had even a bit of the luck they had it would have been 5 or 6.

Good for Jota to get one early in his Anfield career. Excellent performance against a much improved Arsenal. Personally feel we played better in the last two than we had since about December.

1 Like

Total domination trala la la laa …
When Mané came off I thought who’s going to accelerate our game now?
Diogo, Diogo, Diogo …
Didn’t like Salah pinching the ball off Diogo, that wasn’t just selfish it was fucking stupid … Diogo got one anyway.
Good performance there was a moment our midfield started to lose it however they got back on track that’s what champions do!
Could, should have won more easily we had the chances however a win is a win and a dominant one at that.

5 Likes

Arsenal obviously wanted to sit back and play balls over the top, Arteta even hinted at a negative approach before the game. I wouldn’t have been happy with that if I supported them.

When we were up a goal it didn’t look like we were pushing that hard for a third. Think we had another gear if needed. Probably just wanted to not play into their strategy.

Mane MOTM, damn near unplayable most games these days, followed by Alisson.

2 Likes

IMO what Alisson did there was immense, at that point in the game we were playing a bit too comfortably, bit off the boil in terms of creativity. For the same reason I wouldnt be critical of Salah at all for the chance he mucked up, as he was also the one who was trying something creative and DJ should have hit the target from the one he created brilliantly just before. Class way to finish it off.

2 Likes

We’ve beat a really good team there and made them look ordinary and one dimensional,fucking class.

20 Likes

You know Klopp just is the fucking don, even Keane basks in his glory like a little school boy.

15 Likes

No clean sheet but overall impressive performance :muscle:

7 Likes

Mane doesn’t look like he wants to leave.

12 Likes

Klopp putting Keane in his place, after Keane saying we were sloppy.

8 Likes

Klopp putting Keane back in his box

6 Likes

Are they really a good team we made them look shite so I naturally think they were and are shite?

2 Likes

Kloppo grilling Roy Keane on sky atm - LOL!
“Did you say it was a sloppy performance?”

11 Likes

Gomez had got a lot of criticism lately, but thought he was immense tonight.

12 Likes

Klopp always speaks truthfully, and not shy of discussing tactics. Speaking about the trade off between playing high line against Auba versus dropping deeper and letting Arse build the play.

2 Likes

Very happy with that performance. Still think Hendo/Thiago go straight into our best 11 and make us stronger. Mane was superb, Fabinho showed a continued return to close to his best and Alisson made a couple of good saves. Only real disappointing was not making the scoreline more emphatic because 3-1 does not reflect our dominance.
Jota could be a great signing, the early signs were very promising and he capped it with a well taken goal. Having Taki and Jota to come on from the bench shows much better strength in depth and should make us even stronger this season.
I hope Jurgen shifts some of the squad players and maybe makes a sneaky signing of a back up centre back before the window ends.

6 Likes

Can’t decide Man of the match tbh.
Think alisson was masive.
Jota gona be special.
Mane is the best player in the league.

10 Likes

You would tho wouldn’t you.

3 Likes

Keane is speechless.

4 Likes