Post Match: Liverpool v Arsenal (EPL 9/4/23 4.30pm)

I take that as sarcasm.

His time wasting got a card. He even went down for a pre-planned fake injury.

I must have missed the football family willing us to beat City to a league title over the last few years.

3 Likes

Missed it as had family round for dinner, sounded like a decent game though

Was reacting to his post-match interview. Seems a humble enough fellow.

By a million miles. Clearly Englandā€™s best keeper.

Canā€™t think of a Mom. Second half they were all contenders. Seems a bit of Argy bargy woke them up. S

Can we play the Gunners every weekā€¦ What a cracking match. Terrible first quarter of the game from the boys, so lethargic, no sense of purpose in the attacks, Anfield was quiet, then came the bust up between TAA and Xhaha. I felt that really fired up the boys and gave them confidence and urge to push on. This team still has it, they just need something to ignite that passion and swagger back into their system.
Defensively we were still very vulnerable, but got better as we retained the ball more and pushed more of the play in Arsenalā€™s half. Yes, TAA and Robo shouldā€™ve defended better, but up against Martinelli and Saka, it wouldā€™ve been difficult to the best of defenders.
Midfield was poor at the beginning but got better as the games wore on. Hendo pressed well with intensity but lack the pace to closed down opponents quickly. Fab did well to disrupt Arsenal, but he needs to play with that fire under his belly every match week to be useful. Jones did really well, really impress with him today, he was all over the place pressing and joining attacks.
Mo, should take a break from PK duties, I think missing todayā€™s PK would really bug him from the spot now. Someone needs to step up and take it from now till the end of the season.
Bobby save our ass again, man what a player and legend he is.
I think Top 4 is pipe dream now, but I want to see the boys to finish strong and bring that sense of swagger and unity back into the team for a platform to launch our campaign for next season.

YNWA

4 Likes

Try cougars.com. That might give you a few ideas.

Comes highly recommended by @SBYM

Letā€™s go one further, and actually play Hendo at right back and Trent in Midfield. If weā€™re going to have Trent in Midfield and Trent having to drop in to cover, just play the lad in midfield and let him do his thing.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the best team in the league? 60 minutes of proper Liverpool football and they are counting their lucky stars they escaped with a point.

Itā€™s a crying shame how short weā€™ve sold ourselves this season.

8 Likes

Bit of a harsh assessment imo, thereā€™s a very good chance they end with 90+ points this season. ā€œDecentā€œ teams donā€™t achieve that feat.

4 Likes

Said we could win it.

Spirited after the bollocks half an hour.

Disappointing we couldnā€™t win but not too disheartened. Again demonstrated we can outperform the teams higher in the league and also demonstrated the desire not to shut off after being 2-0 down.

2 Likes

Not only did Robbo not instigate it, the lino walked directly towards him. If he felt any concern for himself that would justify that action as self defense, dont keep walking straight towards him. Its the most indefensible piece of officiating I have ever seen.

6 Likes

Salah went down easy in that Ibou chance aftermath, but a few minutes before when he stretched for the ball which went over the bar, he shouldā€™ve done a Kane for an easy penalty (with Tierney both hands pulling him back - it obviously prevented him getting a clean contact).

Somehow part of the post got chopped. Second half could have been all of them.

Fantastic gameā€¦.loved the passion of both sidesā€¦. Real football.

But bizarre that we are mid table when we can play like thatā€¦

2 Likes

They will get their version of the story straight. It will sound stupid, and it will stretch the logic limit to still be (stupidly) plausible.

Was about to ask why that wasnā€™t a penalty.

Didnā€™t look like he went down easy, more like he was dragged down by a defender who didnā€™t care about playing the ballā€¦

:pensive:

This sums it up. How can the team that blitzed United and had the league leaders on the rack for an hour today be where we are in the table.

The mind boggles.

1 Like