Post match: Liverpool v Aston Villa (EPL 20/5/23 3pm)

Robbed of two points by the bent officials again. Shame the game not on tv to see after match action. Bye bye Bobby :heart::heart: Milner Naby and Ox chamberlain. Roll on next season and the 200m investment from FSG. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Henderson Henderson Henderson you are obsessed or is it love :heart:

Had Villa stuck to pure football that would have been a performance to applaud them for. They had to resort to time wasting and to feigning injuries though. So fuck them and their fans who sung about Gerrard.

Of course, none of it would have mattered if we weren’t poor thoughout. We played exactly like they wanted especially in the first half. No brains, no patience. And extremely bad passing from the first minute to the last. Had it not been for the legend that goes by Roberto Firmino, we would have lost.

On a final note, the ref was a disgrace. Thoroughly incompetent, took him 75 minutes to book Martinez for taking his sweet time with the ball. After he missed a clear red.

5 Likes

Injury time. Harvey fresh off the bench. Ball going through to Martinez, with Harvey closest. Harvey then turns to run back.

Think it took a shout for him to realize he needed to sprint to Emi to force him to pick it up.

Screw your head on son.

1 Like

No it doesnt but it’s not as bad as you make out, last 2 games were clearly something dodgy, today he was just shit, like all the refs they are just shit.

But you either let that get into your head, like we continually do, or rise above it and beat weaker teams because you’re the better team.

This season has had far far too much feeling sorry ourselves vibes, stop being fucking fannys, you’re world class, show it.

2 Likes

The midfield run around all over the place all the time yet never manage to be in the right place at the right time!
There’s a lack of structure and no tactics to our game. I read posts like yours and it’s evident even the fans haven’t a clue what’s going on. Your wrong the midfield are in continual motion (except Fabinho, I haven’t a clue what that statue is doing). It’s the forwards who are static lined up with the opposition defense.
We lose the ball far too easily by playing 2 passes then thumping a lob over the top for the opposition goalie.

It’s not a complicated decision. While there are some where the judgement call is debatable, this wasnt one. For Virgil to be played onside by a touch from the defender it has to be deemed to be a deliberate, constructive play. Essentially viewing the defender having been in clear possession of the ball, rather than simply blocking a shot or cross, as happened in that sequence.

3 Likes

Probably from Hendo, true captain’s performance from him out there today.

The tears are here

1 Like

[quote=“Notasuperfan, post:19, topic:3537, full:true”]
The midfield look so static, despite it being the same starting eleven for the last few matches. I understand if Jones is a bit inconsistent but Hendo really disappointed the Kop today by letting John Mcginn and Jacob Ramsey run rings around him. [/quote]

I really wouldn’t be all that surprised if we made a bid for McGinn. Klopp has been said to be an admirer of the player.

Yes, but we need more than just shouting.

:rofl: :rofl: :man_facepalming:

It’s just that what he offered to the club 5 years ago is not there anymore. And he is the captain of LFC. Perhaps, we should give a free pass to Hendo just because he is the longest serving player in LFC right now?

I remembered the last man to hold the appointment permanently very fondly. He led the 2nd half charge at the CL final at Istanbul in 2005, hit a wonder shot in the Finals of the 2006 FA cup to drag the club to win the FA Cup. These are tough circumstances and he pulled the club through like what a captain should do on and off the field.

1 Like

I thought it was rather a lackadaisical performance from us. Very pleased for Bobby to score on his fairwell. I’m still at a loss for why the goal was ruled out. I mean I understand their words but they don’t appear to match what I saw on the telly.

Villa’s playing a tight and high line not unlike ours. We have pacy forwards in Salah, Gakpo and Diaz. Two ways to break that.

1. Get through passes to feed our forwards ( and break their offside trap) which we did a few times except the weight and curvature of the passes are shit.

2. Get someone to run at them from the midfield or defence so that one of them will get sucked in, leaving space for our forwards. That didn’t go so well as our midfield is not tooled for that and Konate for some reason don’t do that.

1 Like

Konsa plays the ball, he moves towards the ball and therefore plays it.
If he doesn’t intend to play the ball, why is he even there?
The decision is incorrect, goal should stand.

Edit:
VVD is the player called offside.
Incorrectly.
Diaz is onside.

3 Likes

It hit Diaz on the way to VVD.

1 Like

Mcginn is on the wrong side of his 20s.

1 Like

From the Guardian: VAR looked at a possible red card offence but found the defender had touched the ball before the rib-cage

Oh, so that makes it all okay then. :rofl:

2 Likes

Law of averages strikes after 7 wins and we did an iffy one.

We got nothing from the ref. It very much looked like they wanted a show of force after Jurgen spoke out.

Ming’s should have been off but he was left to put in a motm display.

We were running out of ideas up front.

I look forward to Darwin chaos kicking on and finding his way into this side to add more pace and power.

Midfield needs an upgrade.

Ty Bobby and other departing players.

Europa football is what we deserve for this season, but I’m confident we will be much better next season. We are a team in transition and it’s not quite there yet, but it’s on the way.

YNWA

7 Likes