Post match: Liverpool v Aston Villa (EPL 20/5/23 3pm)

Is that it?
Trent handles the ball vs Leeds and that evens everything up?
Seriously?

2 Likes

I’m afraid it is you that doesn’t understand the laws of the game. I’ve pasted the law and nothing you’ve said is mentioned in it.

You’re adding your own interpretation and, one might say bias, to that.

You really need to stop now.
The “endangerment” aspect in the Jota incident is caused by the Spurs player. There is no excessive force or brutality.
Compare it with the Haaland one early season.

By your reckoning no player should raise a foot above knee height in case someone runs into it.

Putting it in the same bracket as Mings is as I said incompressible

2 Likes

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

1 Like

We’ll agree to disagree. You think it’s a level playing field, I don’t. No probs :+1:

2 Likes

Regarding the offside one, it was just before that someone was offside

1 Like

the TAA ‘hand ball’ vs City was before VAR wasnt it?

also, i think it was that incident that Raheem could have tried to finish the ball (advantage) but decided to appeal instead
justice really.

if it was to all be pulled back and Fabinhos goal disallowed, it would have been our free for the silva original handball anyways

EDITED TO ADD CONTENT BELOW

the FACT was it wasnt a foul anyway, especially if Silvas one wasnt a foul, its also very telling and only emphasises the point of a bias, that at the time Man City were apoplectic about the incident whilst ignoring the 2 seconds earlier, and the press were happy to run with the line, including the comentators at the time, who concentrated on the TAA incident
that all these years later its pointed out as a ‘favour’ of some kind to Liverpool just feeds the narative.

No Foul, and if it was, it wasnt the first foul in that particular moment, ergo, no free kick, or free kick to LFC.

furthermore, that was IN our box, a place from which Fabinho definately did not score, the passage of play proceeded and everyone knew it was game on, we didnt score from the incident.

we also went on to win the game convincingly 3-1 IIRC

we also went on to monster the league IIRC

shades of Kompany on Salah it was not

6 Likes

“Knee height” :joy:

Doesn’t need excessive force or brutality, just that it endangours an opponent.

Feel free to shout into thin air, I’m done with this stupidity.

1 Like

You really love to change the spirit of what people say to suit your narrative.
You have this rigid mentality surrounding laws of the game, and fail to understand nuances or application.

Then you take this higher ground to make yourself sound knowledgeable.

Whether you agree with me or not is immaterial.
But your method of discussion?
FFS

2 Likes

The ref allegedly told a Fulham player at half time that he made the wrong call

Just from this season that I could remember. I think most of them are probably the correct call but quite line ball, which is the point I want to make.

To provide a bit of balance, if we are going to include all tight calls to the Liverpool conspiracy bank like what is being done here, all these ones would have been added to that bank by Liverpool fans if we were instead on the receiving end.

You can’t have it both ways.

2 Likes

Conspiracy bank?
You are funny.

1 Like

Just to put in a bit of context.
We are having our worst season in a few years.
And we get a couple of marginal calls.

Does this really offer evidence that we haven’t been shafted in previous seasons?
As @jaffod showed yesterday, season defining decisions.

I understand that there are people seeking balance, and believe that a form of equity exists

But I am unsure if the equation is correct.
My view is that it is loaded against Liverpool.

Edit: Fabinho should have got a red card. Totally agree on that much

1 Like

This ‘classic’? Ha ha ha, great choice of words. Is that the one where Silva deflected the ball on to Trent’s arm with his own arm and we scored about 20 seconds later in a different phase of play?

4 Likes

At the end of the day we have been robbed of two PL titles by the bent officials.
At least a team got a apology for one of them.

6 Likes

I’m looking forward to City being found guilty of 114 charges relating to financial doping, and you’ll have people on here going

“yeah, but what about that time our scouts left for City and didn’t remove their passwords from the system. We are not sqeaky clean either”

2 Likes

Three.

2 Likes

Only when we were no danger to the PL darlings.

When we started to win again the usual BS apeart out of nowhere

6 Likes

So true. No real problems until we put a winning run together that threatened to get us a top 4 place, then Tierney, Taylor and this Brooks clown turn up and the same old bs is evident.

8 Likes

I think if we did a review of last season’s decisions you’d probably find that City and us probably got some lucky calls - a bit of luck with the refs is almost a requirement to be in a title run - but City almost certainly got more lucky than us.

I doubt there is anyone on this forum that has a problem with suggesting we get less calls than, say, City or United in general. It’s when the suggestion is that these ref calls are deliberate and premeditated. Bad ref calls don’t necessarily stem from corruption. I think there is much stronger evidence that it is caused by public pressure. Public: “The refs give too many penalties at Anfield”. Result: no penalties at Anfield. Public: “LiVARpool”. Result: less calls in our favour. Public: “ManĂ© is a diver”. Result: no calls for ManĂ©. Public: " Salah is a diver". Result: no calls for Salah.

None of this makes it any better. Refs shouldn’t be this influenced. But I think this is more the case than corruption.

1 Like

Lots of the referees I can believe are just a bit biased, or a bit Billy big bollocks when it comes to Anfield. Not intentionally

But Greater Manchester’s Paul Tierney and Anthony Taylor have a nasty whiff about them. They’ve been at the centre of too many massive decisions that have directly shafted Liverpool and benefitted City.

7 Likes