Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 19/8/23 3pm)

These data re loaded with confounding variables. That makes them very difficult to draw solid conclusions from, and impossible to do so without any effort to account for them (and very good knowledge of statistics and data analysis).

2 Likes

Yeah fine.

But, you’re not the slighest bit curious why Mo is so on his own?

I mean, look forget corruption, bias or whatever. The stats fouls per 90 mins are just that.

Fouls per 90 mins. The difference between Mo and the rest of the pack.

1 Like

Exactly, you can select variables and run enough analyses to make data say whatever you want them to. I do agree with his point that someone independent should be looking into any correlation between where refs live and the big decisions awarded per team

2 Likes

Why?
His data is there.
Believe it or not, its up to you.

I really don’t get this need to “prove” equity exists whilst discounting potential evidence that it really doesn’t

[quote=“WeeJoe, post:248, topic:3792”]
Exactly, you can select variables and run enough analyses to make data say whatever you want them

Any data analysis is useless then?

See my earlier reply to you. I’m curious, but I don’t think there is, or there can be, a definitive explanation.

You misunderstand what data is, or how to use it.

Obviously not, but in academic research there are parameters to control for confounding variables, biases, multiple analyses etc

Actually no.
I don’t

You make a lot of assumptions.

Lads just agree to disagree…what is this Salah fouling debate round 7? I happen to think that despite his direct physical style there is enough there to clearly see that refs let defenders get away with alway more than they should against him. He’s certainly not a bulldozer like Mikhail Antionio.

But that’s just me.

3 Likes
1 Like

It’s strange so many are jumpig through hoops to discount the idea Salah gets the thin end of the wedge. Forget the why and wherefore.

How can you cherry pick fouls per 90 mins? You guys use goals per 90 mins all the time and you no problem believing that.

Plus we have the eye test. That’s a foul, foul ref, ref ref, what the …? Ref plays on.

Stats + the eye test conclusive proof that Salah is unfairly reffed.

Now the why he is reffed SO differently. We don’t know. Tomkins has his ideas, I have mine, etc.

3 Likes

I can remember him getting one foul on Saturday. I might be wrong it could have been more. But, I do know that I saw with my own eyes three or four other times when he was fouled and was not given anything. :rage::nerd_face:

4 Likes

The question, that @1972 asks is Why?

The evidence is there, even if we question Tompkins stats, you just have to watch a match to witness the difference in how he is reffed.

Ferguson made sure that refs “watched” Suarez because he called him a diver. Salah suffered from the Ingurland narrative regarding Kane. Kane is honest, Salah cheats…add the bias against Liverpool suffered at the hands of SOME refs. Maybe there is also other stuff happening.

Whatever, its there. Liverpool suffer because of it. Overturned atracks that are fouls not punished. Loss of possession unfairly, not punished. Penalty calls. Second yellows, all unpunished.

Maybe he gets the fuck kicked out of him, and it evens out over the season?
Or maybe I need to read other club forums to see if they have outliers.

Or maybe we all see this for what it is

2 Likes

Definitely so. He can swear that on his daughter’s life. :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

3 Likes

My apologies, I wasn’t making any assumptions.

I was simply working off the information I had available, i.e., your posts.

An apology that resembles a whores kiss.

1 Like

I’m comfortable with that. Until I see any evidence of understanding of experimental design and statistical analysis, I don’t see any reason to change my belief on the situation.

It was a deliberate clanger and Tierney didn’t interfere also deliberately

1 Like

And the bias has increased mega since the booing of the national anthem

2 Likes