Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 19/8/23 3pm)

I am ambivalent as to whether you change your views on anything.
In the absence of what you might determine to be real data, the Tompkins figures are all we have to analyse.
I acknowledged his red tint on the information, and that noted there is still a stark difference in how Liverpool receive decisions in comparison with other top 6 teams. Even if he is factually incorrect (I think he knows better than that) he is still underpinning what a lot of supporters are claiming.

Your assumptions about any poster, their knowledge, their understanding of how research or analysis works is just that: an assumption.

2 Likes

Itā€™s almost like a professional team in the hardest league in the world might actually be able to football.

1 Like

New song to the tune of We Will Rock You - ā€œWe can, We can football!ā€

Hahaha some people are so up their own ass. Trying to make things more complicated than they are.

Example, fouls per 90 mins. There is no other stat other than that. Itā€™s more objective than the expected goals stat that everyone here loves.

Now, unless Tomkins got his fouls per 90 mins stats from the website of made up stats, there is no other evidence to get on that one particular point of Mo is reffed very differently to every other attacking player in the EPL.

Of course, the stats DONā€™T explain the WHY this is so. We get it.

Everyone can interpret the why how they want.

The point is, the question needs to be asked why this is so by the refs organisation. Because if itā€™s just plain incompetance then they need to get better. If itā€™s more sinister then they need to know.

Never mind, the other ā€˜evidenceā€™ (penalties for/against) while not being analytical enough obviously should raise some questions in the minds of the most, letā€™s say sceptical of fans.

2 Likes

Anyone who plays for a bottom half club is essentially a pub league player ā€œhaving a goā€.

how dare bournemouth play well against us ?

1 Like

sport tackle GIF by Play Sports

2 Likes

Especially after they played white against Everton in the last match last season

Probably wasnā€™t even given as a foul. Or maybe a red card for Mo because he avoided a leg breaker.

It wasnā€™t as far as I remember. We were all saying here that it should have been a straight red!

Remember Kane on Robbo?

Yep. But hey, thereā€™s a perfectly innocent reason for all of this.

1 Like

Iā€™d like someone to steam into Tierney like that

2 Likes

Is this still the same argument that started two days ago?

Thatā€™s cute

Just asking a question.

Fify

At the end of the day we have reasons to be cheerful, 3 points and a new hero , ZORO :grinning:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Must be honest, I did not expected it.

7 Likes