Post match: Liverpool v Bournemouth (EPL 19/8/23 3pm)

This is brilliant news!:clap:

7 Likes

Massive news.

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary GIF by Sesame Street

1 Like

Apologies for sharing a gambling company but this made me smile.

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1694039849769079254?t=EztLgpAA61oSpt643Rd_EQ&s=19

11 Likes

4 Likes

Me neither! Phew!

1 Like

Downside… The lad might let it affect his game now - be scared to tackle anyone.!

Not a chance

I’m here waiting for everyone who were adamant this would never get overturned to do a mea culpa like @Dutch.

(It was probably easier for him, as he had to already had to do one with Gakpo ^^)

One problem: Tierney.

It would be interesting to see the independent panels conclusion as to why it wasn’t a red card.

1 Like

The appointed ref is a dick!?

1 Like

And as I mentioned in the player thread, Tierney has seemingly escaped sanction. That means their explanation will have to explain how he was right to not intervene on a decision that was still wrong enough for them to intervene. The impossibility of squaring that circle was why I was convinced they wouldn’t do anything with this appeal, but now they have a hell of a job crafting an explanation for this.

6 Likes

Thats exactly reason why i thought they wouldn’t overturn its made far more uncomfortable conversations. The paddy power tweet which is made in jest but does make a lot of valid points.

4 Likes

Man U’s PR department is very good at creating explanations for things that can’t be explained, perhaps they can help draft something.

It was clearly a refereeing error. Macca’s approach was fine, that’s just been confirmed by this overturned suspension. He won’t give it a second thought

Yeah, count me in. :laughing: I never expected it because I honestly can’t remember the last time we’ve had a red card overturned after appealing. So, it’s certainly a pleasant surprise!

2 Likes

They can whip up what they want but only idiots and the deluded would believe them.
Might as well rely on Kellyanne “Alternative Facts” Conway. Same results but likely cheaper.

I’m not sure it ever happened to be fair.^^

1 Like

A pleasant surprise that it was overturned.

They will sweep the Tierney implications under the rug.

We got the right verdict, but they won’t want to explore how it was possible that the on pitch and off pitch official, with all the time and camera technology at his fingertips, could have been so egregiously wrong.

It will be a case of, “You got what you asked for, now let’s move on.”

2 Likes