Post match: Liverpool v Brentford (EPL 16/1/22 2pm)

:frowning::roll_eyes::slightly_frowning_face: Heā€™s another geezer who does my head in.

5 Likes

Heā€™s very exasperatingā€¦turns up/doesnā€™t turn upā€¦

1 Like

Damn, didnā€™t get my prediction in and didnā€™t see the match. Gave Fabinho MOTM as I wanted to see who everyone fancied (I seem to have got that right)
Oh! damn work as well missing too many matches now. :sob:.

I did hope for a screamer from Fabā€¦got the 2nd bit right.

Much improved performance in comparison to the Arsenal match and a deserved win. A boost of confidence hopefully.

Gutted for Ox. Just as he is in a good run of form, he gets injured. Hopefully it is just a bruise and nothing serious. Our available midfield and attacking options now really seem limited for the next two games.

1 Like

Had a nice 74 minutes rest and then celebrated in style. :wink:

5 Likes

Multiple goals? :white_check_mark:
Clean sheet? :white_check_mark:
No injuries? :x:
Hope Ox will be back soon but it didnā€™t look good.

A very important win. Fabinho with MoM display.
Today again the full backs made the difference, TAA and Robbo with assists for the first 2 goals.
Jones played a solid game and after a long period out with injuries that was fine performance from the young scouser. My only critic is that sometimes he keeps the ball for too long, needs to distribute it faster.
Ox scored the vital goal, but overall was not good enough. Bobby and Jota need to improve. VvD and Matip were very good and Faibinho played and examplary 90 minutes.

The manager needs to add more quality in midfield and attack during the summer transfer window. Milner and Origi will leave as their contracts expire after 6 months. At least one /if not both/ of AOC and Keita will leave too. There is no clarity over the new contracts of Salah and Mane. Hendo will be 32 years old after 5 months, Tiago is injury prone/will be 31 years old after 3 months/ and the owners must support Klopp and give him a real chance to compete for the biggest trophies.

Two new midfielders, a forward and hopefully a new contracts to Salah and Mane will be a good start.

4 Likes

Yay, a comfortable 3-0 win, bonus clean sheet. Title is gone, but a CL win with a comfortable 2nd place finish would be lovely. Throw in a League or FA Cup for the cup double and Iā€™m a happy camper.

No, City throw a couple of losses and a draw and weā€™re bang on top. No fat ladies even clearing their throats yet.

3 Likes

Is fucking right. Any fan giving City the title at this stage need to have a word with themselves.

No-one at LFC is giving up. Win our game in hand and the gap is eight. Win at City and itā€™s five. Anything can happen. Enjoy it.

19 Likes

Just finished a recording of that. Job done. Professional. Obviously the sharp edge wasnā€™t there the same, but we grew into the game and got the all important three points. Gordon almost scored, which would have been lovely for the lad, but still nice to be 3-0 up and seeing him get a run out.

Like everyone else Iā€™m wary of the cheating juggernaut that is Man City, but nothing is given up yet. Spot on Mascot. Win our game in hand and win there, and it is 5 points. Still a gap, but not necessarily insurmountable.

We fight on. YNWA

1 Like

That was a bit more like it,at least the second half.
Brentford didnā€™t come for the ride,not that many would have expected it.
Into second,but no way Iā€™m giving up on the title yet,though we obviously have to rely on others taking points off City.
MOTM Fab for me ,a decent day at the office.

1 Like

Honestly, anyone that thinks City are pissing away 11 point lead in half a season is delusional. Be realistic please, keep going as we are, lock away second, wrap up number 7, happy season.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not an real eleven point lead. We have a game in hand.

As I said, win that and itā€™s eight. Beat City and itā€™s five.

Go tell Mo Salah to give up on the league title. Heā€™s not listening, and nor should he.

We need City to stumble, and if they do we have to be ready. We wonā€™t be ready if everyone has already given them the title. If they donā€™t stumble, at least weā€™ve kept on their coat tails and weā€™re ready to take the fight to them next season.

But never give up when there is something to play for. Never.

9 Likes

Never say never, but to win the title from here would mean City dropping points on multiple occasions, which they donā€™t look like doing and us finding their level of consistency, which we donā€™t look like doing.

2 Likes

Those 5 points we had stolen off us at West Ham and Spurs would come in handy right now.

7 Likes

Also the 2-0 winning positions, we threw away against Brighton and Chelsea.

4 Likes

cannot give up on the title just yet. Optimism, hope (cites get a winless run of games) and a healthy dose of believing in ourselves gives us a decent chance at the title. Plus we still have the cups to go for.

disappointed with our first half performance, but could feel my heartbeat getting to normal levels in the second half.

Its not about giving up though.
Its about being realistic and accepting that City are unlikely to drop points and that we are unlikely to win every match until end of season.
Thats not giving up. The vast majority of supporters, me included will hope and pray for little signs of weakness in City, like on Saturdayā€¦but their form, squad, ability to get results, all mitigate against the miracle.

In the season we pushed them to the limit there was real HOPEā€¦I cannot share that now, and it doesnā€™t make me less of a supporter for feeling it.

2 Likes