Post Match: Liverpool v Burnley (EPL 21/1/21 8pm)

TAA needs a break from this season…

1 Like

Going back to the basics of football would be a start and asking the players to play with some conviction.

Find solutions on the training ground.

Keeper and back four should all be rested against Man Utd and (play Kelleher, N and R Williams, Tsimikas, N Phillips).

Next Prem game against Jose, so more negative tactics to contend with. Henderson back in midfield hopefully.

I can give him a pointer…don’t ever play origi or ox again.

2 Likes

Trent is the problem. Last two seasons, you give him 22 crosses and he’d have 5 assists. This season, he’s been so poor with his crossing and we have no plan B.

Why? It’s probably our best chance of Silver.

So we’ve gone from champions of Europe and the easiest Premier League winners ever- and top of this season’s table, too- to “shit” in a matter of weeks?

Gotcha. :+1:

3 Likes

When Div hits the bar one on one, and when the Richochet off Firmino hits a Burnley player, and when We’re getting clear handballs in the box turned and when we’re giving away pens because opposition players fall into the keeper etc etc you can call it unlucky.

That isn’t binary. You can be poor and unlucky. Cursing the fact that nothing is running for us doesn’t negate the fact that we’re doing enough in the box.

3 Likes

They don’t even move. All they do is take too many touches. They have forgotten how to accelerate the game. Oh! and Thiago isn’t helping he’s not up to EPL pace at all, I mean that was Burnley FFS!

1 Like

thats a start… but how do we score because the shit is not working with the usual crew either. that is one goal in how many matches now

All of this.

Cross after pointless cross, and ramming it down the right to no avail. I thought the idea of Thiago coming in was to “pick the lock” of low block sides. Myth.

The Boss has no plan b. And this “small squad” he’s championed has become stale and bereft of any imagination.

3 Likes

Trent had a decent game against the mancs but tonight he was terrible, his crosses were absolutely dreadful. Long covid eh!

1 Like

I feel sick, there’s something wrong somewhere…have we all had covid, its baffling…cmon boys we love LFC…we’ll stick with you whatever, but for gods sake fight for everything…ffs.

3 Likes

In the old days they’re all go around to Milly’s and get on the piss.

What’s the 2021 version of that?

Maybe a topic for its own thread but Draexnael is nailing it here. IMO, there is a serious problem inside that room.

1 Like

Perspective…

Woy in charge…
Konchesky at left back…
NGog up front…

Right now is shitty, but it’s not a patch on what went before.

Golden skies ahead

6 Likes

Ribena’s all round.

4 Likes

Need to stop feeling sorry for ourself, all seems to be whining about losing Van Dijk, Jota, Gomez… So fucking what, every team gets injuries. Losing Van Dijk doesn’t make Trent cross it 50 times to no one, or Bobby to just spoon it 30 yards wide. Sick of excuses, time for some fucking fight and intensity.

I’m pissed off, so logging.

11 Likes

Not even surprised at this point. We lack depth, so when we have an injury crisis at the back we tinker and try and fit midfielders at the back in our ‘machine’. But to protect the defence, we’re overly patient and have this bloody static style of play that any coach could suss out. Every ball is telegraphed.

Why get mad at Burnley or West Brom or whoever? If I were them I’d park it too and suffocate us. We’re so devoid of creativity they can afford to.

Team will recover and put a run together I’m sure - title may well be gone but this season you never know. But we need to accept that the need for a rebuild may have come sooner than we’d like. A world class centre forward for starters that we can rely on surely has to be a priority.

2 Likes

Thiago was disappointing also. Hopefully he doesn’t become another Keita. Hendo was the biggest loss tonight.

1 Like