Post Match: Liverpool v Burnley (EPL 21/1/21 8pm)

Exactly. As much as I’m pissed, I’ll take this situation over null and void.

Been crap pretty much since the restart behind closed doors last season, bar a few decent performances. A full Anfield and our vocal away support really is our 12th man.
Hopefully Jota isn’t too far away, front 3 need some competition.

2 Likes

Why is it always the crap teams that are our nemesis?
Losing this match to crap Burnley
Our first loss last season to crap Watford
Seasons before we would always play well against the “big” teams - but got flummoxed by the bottom three.

MELWOOD

3 Likes

I’ve had this sinking feeling for a while now that Jota is a lot further away than we think. Klopp said “a few more weeks” earlier this week. That means at least a month before he’s in contention. Awful.

2 Likes

Who said it the other day??

We are doing exactly what City did last year, a drop after two outrageously high seasons…

Problem is those cunts pipped us to one of 'em.

Anyways, one of you said it. Twas a good point.

3 Likes

Been following since the 70s. We playing in shit form, but there are mitigating circumstances (which team would not struggle with three CB out, first choice keeper missing games, etc).

Add to the injuries some poor form from top players, plus no one stepping up from the bench (such as Ox) and this is what you get.

But the thing is, we have been uber consistent for 3 years. It;s finally catching up with us, but I’m reading too many knee jerk reactions from some.

Get our heads down, find solutions, and see where we end up. Its not all doom and gloom. I’m detecting too many fair weather supporters at times.

Maybe covid he had at the start has done something. In this game. he actually finally started to come alive in the last 15 minutes, he made some interceptions to win the ball back, and started more slick interchange passing with Salah. Hopefully he can continue with that.

I shudder to think that that is the right take on this - but it’s as plausible as any other

3 Likes

Henderson has been part of the problem in midfield, he would have been doing his chip thing he does all game probably.

1 Like

Agree. Aguero hasn’t turned up for City all season and jesus has 1 goal all season…yet their top.
The desire has to come from the players but I think after 2 years of going at it we’ve dropped off. Its natural.

2 Likes

We have to change our tactic, the way Klopp has the team setup is not working. Teams have figure it out on how to play us. They just have to sit back and wait patiently for their chances. They’ll usually get one or two quality chance to score. Back in the days when we were scoring left right and center it’s not as apparent. However, now everything gets magnify.
They didn’t play poorly today, Origi should’ve scored, but in general it wasn’t a bad game. They had some good passing going, just couldn’t penetrate them because they sat so deep and played on the counter.
The low block that other teams are using against us have really shut down our forward. We have to change the way we play or else we’ll fall further back.

I honestly think the day our season went down the tube was when we lost VVD at Everton and subsequently Gomez. They were the pillars for our formation. Suddenly our strong spine is no more. Fab gets move away from midfield, Hendo has to play CB. Everything is interlinked, when our backline falters, it affects the midfield and then forward. The current setup we have it’s best when we have our best 11 on the pitch. When we have to play our backups for a long periods of time, their talent is not enough for our setup to flourish. Hence why we’re like a race car missing a part in the engine. Every now and then we would race off, but then later we would be just chugging along slowly.
I think all of us needs to lower our expectations for this year, we are not going to win the title. We’re still in the FA cup and Champs league. What matters the most is for the team to stabilize our form and making sure we make Top 4. The lads have played their socks off the last 3 season and have built up this unreasonable expectations for the fans thinking they can win every match. This is an off year for us, and most likely personnel changes will happen at the end of the season. All teams goes through the highs and lows, and hopefully the loss today is the rock bottom for our mighty LFC.

Let’s win the match on the weekend and build it up from there.

YNWA

3 Likes
1 Like

And now I want to cry…that was a shite show…we have to sort it soon…I’m off to worry and wonder…bye chaps and chapesses :disappointed_relieved: see u soon.

2 Likes

I wonder if he has it too good here, at Dortmund he constantly had his team ripped apart by Bayern and had to re-invent every season… Gone stale here when he has no reason to sell players and we’ve become too safe and predictable.

1 Like

Luckily the midfielders have taken over the scoring now our front three don’t, oh wait…

All the shite we’ve been subjected to this season has finally worn us down. No other way to look at it for me. One fucking kick in the teeth after another.
I’ll say this though, our games are refereed fairly and we’re still top tonight. Well done all concerned, you’ve got your corrupt as fuck title race and you’ve done a number on the fairest, most honest team in the league.
As for the match, what struck me more and more is we never have anyone moving at pace when receiving the ball around the opposition box, everyone is static and it’s so easy to defend against.
Might be an idea to get a CB in before the window closes, and Jota can’t return soon enough.

7 Likes

It’s been a shit month.Our football has been shit. Our passing. Our finishing (if we were playing Barca or Juve Div would’ve finished that). Our press. All shit.

Klopp’s January record every year is also kinda shit.

VAR is being used shitly. Unsurprising that the same refs who were too incompetant to ref a match still cant manage it with VAR. Wouldn’t expect a tune deaf mute to start belting out opera. Shouldn;t expect PGMOL to instill standards in their refs.

Thinking back over the games where we’ve dropped points the only ones I can remember without VARcle reffing were the Scum, Shitteh, and Villa. I am open to being corrected on that, but just off the top of my head today - handball, southampton - handball, blueshite - all of it, Brighton - those pens.

We’ve had a shit month. It’s January under Klopp. It’s always shit. Month’s nearly over now anyway.

At the start of this season I expected a drop off. I thought Shitteh would win the league and Maureen would win a cup with Spurs. Maintaining the level we’ve been at isn’t possible for three seasons. Shitteh couldn’t manage it and they’ve had a limitless spring of wealth to build two first 11s capable of beating pretty much any team.
What I did not expect was to be frustrated by how we’ve ended up in the place we’ve ended up in. I thought the lethargy would be present throughout the season, instead its just been this month. I thought I’d be thinking top 4 and still in CL/FA cup - decent for a team that has pushed itself to inhuman points tallies over the past two seasons and understandable given the efforts excerted. Instead I can’t help but think if T-Rex arms wasn’t a cunt and VAR worked we’d be higher up the table looking at walking the league. I don’t know if I should be irritated by that or glad that we’ve done better than I thought we would at the start of the season. What I am sure of is this season isn’t over. Brenda will capitulate at some point, as will gollum. City have no De Bruyne or Aguero for a couple of weeks. Even Maureen wont get Spurs a PL medal. This season is truly the most open in a long time. Even West Ham and the Blueshite look capable of making a push up high into the table

Fuck it. Must be coming to the end of the storm soon - golden skies ahead. This season is far from over and I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Hopefully we pick up a trophy or two - been a while since we won an FA cup and would be nice to see it happen again.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Baffles me to read people say we are playing well too.
No goals in 5 is a telling stat.
Since football resumed we have played 28 league games. Won 14, drew 9 and lost 5. That is not title form in any season. The injuries to VVD, Gomez and Jota are obviously a factor but the form of the side has been at best patchy. A home loss was coming, it could have easily been on Sunday even though we had decent possession.
Sides, especially the Burnleys of the league sit deep and defend in numbers, hope for a set piece or a marginal decision. Tonight they got it even if the decision was a farce. the standard of Reffing is poor, as is VAR but we should’t need to look for blame elsewhere. Klopp has no answer for Dyche, season after season either.Throw in an inability to break sides down which Thiago was supposed to offer and we are in freefall.
My own opinion is when VVD and Gomez were both injured the search for a centre back should have been in overdrive. Klopp goes on about Williams and Philips but doesnt use them, neither are good enough anyway. If the plan was to limp to the summer with Matip whenever he is fit then that’s simply madness in my opinion.
Klopps demeanor is a worry too, the looks wretched and seems to want to fight against the outside world instead of getting his house in order.

1 Like

Trent and Bobby are both just liabilities at this point. Bobby’s time has come to an end IMO, offers absolutely nothing. Doesn’t score enough to justify playing if he isn’t linking play or defending from the front. Trent needs to spend some time on the bench

To be honest I’m not even angry, just disheartened to see these lads who have given us so many happy moments, so lost and devoid of anything, not even the crowds there to support them.
The season feels more and more a write off, maybe they can regain some spark and put a cup run together but the league is gone. But that was the message from the club too, they weren’t willing to do anything this month because apparently we have planned moves in the summer, so they are more or less writing it off too. I hope those moves can be made even if we miss out on a CL spot, thankfully Chelsea are shit too for now, but next game against Spurs feels crucial already and we are not the favourites by any means.

4 Likes