Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 31/1/24 8.15pm)

Obviously Bradley was sensational, but Jota and Macca were great too. Both of them are brilliant and hugely influential players for us. I love how Macca goes about his work in the midfield and our front three must be a nightmare to play against.
Good times!

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/markgoldbridge/status/1752809404770975794

5 Likes

pleasant Wednesday evening match.

1 Like

i wonder how Joe “i really fancy chelsea tonight” is feeling

3 Likes

You’re chirpy for a Wednesday night Walshy :smiley:

4 Likes

Famous last words :wink:

We’re all chirpy tonight Maria, even @cynicaloldgit

3 Likes

Chelsea could/should have had a penalty in the second half.
The one in the first half was never a penalty.
We hammered them, that decision is irrelevant.
It’s not one to “even out” poor decisions against us.

Overall this was a statement performance.
Brilliant from Bradley, Jota, MacAllister and Darwin. I really thought Nunez annoyed them so much. Pity he didn’t score, but he still was brilliant.

4 Likes

but his chirpiness lasts for about 5 minutes. :smiley:

1 Like

Anyhow full comment on the game, I thought we bossed them, really was surprised how dominant we were in that first half, Pen missed seemed to give them a bit of a uplift but Dom’s goal sort of killed them.

We then played really well after their goal just to keep it for a few minutes and they got more desperate.

Anyhow puts to bed the traditional top 6 streak, hopefully can put another win in that column on Sunday.

That midfield is something else.

As for pens, yes with one, nah with the other but as I said if you are relying on that you are desperate.

4 Likes

Yep. With all the eulogising about young Bradley today- and fully deserved it is, too- the performance of our midfield has been overlooked. All three of them were exceptional today.

12 Likes

He predicted us to beat Arsenal on Sunday :grimacing:

2 Likes

so so so proud!!

3 Likes

Totally dominant.
We’ve owed them a hiding for a little while and, in all honesty it should have been much much worse for them.

Conor - superb… but EVERYONE was on it today.
I didn’t throw fiver on Joe to score tonight for a change so im ‘up’ there too.

…and Dry January can fuck right off now and all.

A good day :+1:

1 Like

A shout out to Ibou who probably won’t get as many plaudits (due to a 20 year old putting his name out there to the footballing world) but I thought he was monstrous again tonight. It’s ok Ibou, the games over…you can let Palmer out your pocket now.

4 Likes

Take THAT you jammy money doping plastic cunts!!

4 Likes

16 more PL wins to go this season

3 Likes

One of the best performances under Klopp. Jota, Bradley, Mac Allister, Nunez, Diaz, Van Dijk, Konate, Szoboszlai, Jones, Gomez were tremendous. That’s ten out of eleven and Alisson doesn’t get in because he had nothing to do.

It’s impossible to pick one player without feeling you’re being unfair to everyone else. Gun to head: Jota and that’s because I think he was the most valuable. Got the all important first goal while delivering a masterclass on how to play the position. Bradley a close second. Another assist to go with an expertly taken goal and some fantastic touches. If there was anyone still doubting his potential and talent, he’d be fully convinced after tonight. Also Mac Allister: what a fucking performance. He bossed them, start to finish. Hopefully, he’s good to go on Sunday.

Oh and Nunez is fucking cursed. There’s no other way to explain it. He’s set the PL record for hitting the bar in a single match. And he was still a menace and got another assist. If his luck ever turns, he’s going to record an insane number of goals.

6 Likes

Paul Tierney had a good game. Not just saying it because we won well. He has form for ruining our games with some disastrous and one-sided decisions, but today he had a good game.

Chelsea had one decent shout for a penalty (the other claim was nowhere near a penalty) and they did not get the decision. It would have been a bit of a soft one to concede, but we have all definitely seen them given.

Pochettino said in his post match interview that we were much the better side, and their penalty claim wouldn’t have made the difference. Is right.

Now to our magnificent side.

Bradley, wow, just wow. Good pace, strength, positioning, tenacity, decent passing, very good crossing and a lovely finish too. He is two games into his Premier League career and on this form it will need tip-top Trent to displace him. Full credit to that lad. Somewhere over in Leverkusen Xabi has just spoken with Frimpong to tell him he doesn’t need to bring him to Liverpool in the summer because of the young Irish lad :joy:

Mac Allister was magnificent. On the defensive side of the position he got his foot in, broke up the play, closed down the space and the passing lanes, as the whole team worked together so well to not really allow Chelsea to get anything going. Then on the other side of the ball, Mac Allister passed it so well. Shorter, longer, threading the needle, it was all on display. If he keeps on like this, with the rest of the team doing its job too, we won’t look back. The position is being somewhat reinvented, as he has so much more than breaking it up and giving it simple. It enables us to get another fantastic footballer on the pitch, which in turn is helping us dominate. Long may it continue.

Darwin Nunez had a fantastic game too. He was up against Badiashile and Disasi. France have a conveyor belt of talent and in its own way, that is two big units ala Konate back there for them (I like our man more) but the point is, Darwin Nunez didn’t let them settle for one second. He showed for the ball, was strong, fast, skillful, the lot. He also played with confidence and got plenty of shots off. For anyone who doesn’t like the shots he misses, look up the Michael Jordan quote, as he missed more shots than anyone else in the game. Ok, more goals will come for Darwin Nunez, and tonight he hit the bar or post 4 times I think it was, and the goalie did some good saves too. I am firmly seated on the Darwin bus. He’s a magnificent player and a crucial part of our success.

I’m writing an essay so I will land this plane!

Jota was very good indeed, as were so many others. It was lovely to see Trent and Robbo easing back in as they need to find some rhythm.

Jurgen felt the love of the crowd again, but more than that, he heard the famous Anfield Noise as the crowd roared the team on to a fantastic win against a tricky opponent.

It was fantastic to see. I’m so proud to be a red and like everyone else, I’m absolutely willing us on for this run in.

YNWA

7 Likes
3 Likes