Post match: Liverpool v Chelsea (EPL 31/1/24 8.15pm)

Totally agree our press from the off was exceptional and add that the quality we now have in possession and we are scary, can’t wait to play City at Anfield as that will be the barometer and I think we have the beating of them

3 Likes

©️

Thankyou

1 Like

Outstanding display, could easily have been 7 but for missed chances.
That said, if Tierney hadn’t given Jurgen an unexpected leaving gift with the score at 3-1, it could have ended up quite nervy.
Great confidence booster for Sunday

1 Like

T’was a pleasure to watch the lads playing well. Delighted with Bradley playing like he’s a regular starter, rather than just only on his second start in the league.
Lads played at 100 miles an hour, and only eased off a bit to refill the tank, with the subs, before getting the pedal to the metal again. Long may this form continue, actually hope it never ends(TBH)

3 Likes

I thought he was their top performer last night. Easily worth 15-20 million.

1 Like

Bradley showing what we are missing on the wing. What a player he is going to be for us. TAA needs to up his game… :wink:

Our attack suddenly seems much more fluid and adaptable without…(dare I say it?)

3 Likes

I think he made one contribution during the game … a gripe about Nunez. It’s puzzling to me why he even follows us.

4 Likes

Hold your thought when he leaves in the summer. :wink:

We weren’t going to pay/waste £115M, we just encouraged them to pay that extra £15M. :innocent:

Endo cost us £16M :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

And the deal with Brighton was to split the extra 50-50.

But they were true :slight_smile:
Seriously though, I was not hammered or anything like that. Just at the point where I did not really care if I was silly or not and decided it was actually ok to be a clown for an hour or so :wink: :sunglasses:

1 Like

If (I said “if”) he did that, he would be one of the very best strikers in the league, no question. Because he is otherwise truly great. Just has a truly awful conversion rate.

1 Like

https://x.com/footballontnt/status/1752798515498008742?s=46&t=Tk6buFVfyHeITdfFRWCVMg

Can’t stop watching this.

Even better to have great commentary, rather than Martin Tyler’s melancholy every time we scored

6 Likes

He played crazy good too, not just the goal. Very impressive game by him.

3 Likes

POST MATCH REPORT

Wet journey to Anfield but got there at around 6pm… It was my mates son’s 17th Birthday so we popped into club store and bought him a book called “I feel fine” - we signed it too with a birthday message and tried to autograph it like we are players lol…

Into the Kop Bar, Guinness and met up with everyone. Who’s in the ballot for the cup final?.. have you booked your hotel for May 19th? Want to go Dublin but also want to be here for the farewell parade… but hold on when is the FA cup final? How does all this work?

Anyway, onto our seats in Kop 207… electric atmosphere from the off. We looked like machines against a small plastic toy you find in a Christmas cracker.

They were rubbish. Diogo and Connor’s goals were in the opposite end and I wanted to watch them both again as they looked interesting. But great 1st half.

Just sat in our seats for half time and checked the other scores. No Burnley surprise.

And 2nd half played out - Love you Nunez… that assist at the end meant so much. My son cashed out his free £1 bet for £100 with random stuff all happening like a Soboszlai goal etc…

And final whistle. And it got emotional as Klopp came to us to give his fist pumps. Jeez, I am going to miss this man.

We have a few months left of him, and we will soak it all in. Im still numb about it.

Big game on Sunday now.

YNWA

16 Likes

Bookies have us at 2/1 now. Beat the Arse on Sunday and we’re favourites, in my book at least
Playing like that how could we be anything but ?

What will JK do with the defence on Sunday? Will he start Trent at the expense of Bradley? Will he bench Gomez, who doesn’t deserve to lose his place, for Robbo? Interesting times indeed.

3 Likes

Lavia must have been kicking himself for sure. He joined Chelsea because he felt he wasn’t appreciated enough by Liverpool only to play fuck all.

We would have handled him much better and wouldn’t allow him to have a bloated sense of self in the first place.

5 Likes

Same as you I am at a loss, we are called supporters for a reason and that is to support,

I have been critical of players and then praised in the same match, but the odd ones on here just critical all the time.

3 Likes

Stick with Bradley instead of TAA to start the game. Bradley handled Martinelli very well the last time both sides met.

I can see the wisdom in giving Gomez a break. But wouldn’t mind Gomez starting and playing in his inverted left back position.