Post match: Liverpool v City (FAC Semi Final 16/4/22 3.30pm)

Klopp said the first half was one of the best we ever played.

4 Likes

I thought it was reckless. But I didnā€™t see it as a red. If thatā€™s a red then Thiago would be seeing red every second game. Without question he should have gotten a yellow in the first half, but itā€™s important to remember that he wouldnā€™t have flown into that second half challenge of he was on a yellow (heā€™s not Xaka). So itā€™s silly saying 1+1=red. Thereā€™s a reason City got control of the midfield when many of our players running through the middle were on yellows(Keita,ManĆ©,Fab) and thatā€™s because you need to be more reserved and careful.

3 Likes

From the Press Association.

ā€œThe match was to be preceded by a minuteā€™s silence for the 33rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster but this was cut short by referee Michael Oliver after chants from the City end.ā€

Hope the decent City fans told those jeering to knock it off. Bit of social pressure from those that arenā€™t little kids would send a message out to cut it out.

5 Likes

How do you explain 2 of the man cityā€™s midfield trio that started their last european game and only getting off once 80% of the game is played managed to over-run Hendo ( who only played 57 mins on our last european game) and Jones( who had the whole week off)?

The quadruple is still on.

6 Likes

first FA cup final for Klopp, delighted for him. Hope the lads pull out all the stops to get him and the team/club that win.

4 Likes

Bollocks. You could be specific and say he messed up a chance at the end. But he wasnā€™t awful. Also, weā€™ve just got to fa cup final in middle of a brutal schedule and youā€™re on moaning about Mo

9 Likes

nottingham gave us a tougher match.

Thanks Atletico

5 Likes

Mane MoM, followed by Diaz, Thiago and Keita in no particular order. But really everyone did their part. Great day out, fantastic result and another trip to London for another final. My only complaint is that the scoreline doesnā€™t reflect the level of our dominance.

Hopefully we have enough in the tank for these cuntsā€™ cunt neighbours on Tuesday.

I am so glad that Jurgen is a redā€¦

3 Likes

City have already issued an apology.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s appalling by Oliver. :angry::angry::angry:

1 Like

They struggled to beat a norwich side. I guess weā€™ll be fine.

Play tsimikas in place of robbo if need be

1 Like

Henderson has played most minutes in midfield this season and we are still on for the quadruple, he got subbed off v city last game because fab was hopeless and he was trying to do two mens work.

1 Like

Nope, the reason the midfield for them was stronger in parts of the second, was that the trips on Diaz countering went unpunished whereas after 30 mins, Oliver decided to start making use of the card. Fab gets a yellow for a challenge taht Fernandiho got away with.

City then did their usual snide little fouls that Oliver would play on or give a free kick. Basically interupting any transistions we are trying to do. Without gettgin the yellow in the first half, Fernandinho knew he had one free hit and used it on Mane.

4 Likes

Mo is so out of form that itā€™s not funny anymore. Two passes from him today would have been two goals. We have 5 quality attackers, one shouldnā€™t be starting, it would help him imo.

I would have preferred to have beaten them more easily in the hope that it would effect their form in other games. A loss and disappointment of getting dumped out of the FA cup might still have a negative effect on them, hereā€™s hoping.

Lots of fantastic performances, Mane, Diaz, Keita and Thiago my pick of the bunch.

Letā€™s spank the next set of mancs.

10 Likes

Watch it again.
It should have been a straight red.
And its nonsense to suggest Thiago is in the same league.
Fernandinho could have had a red and/or two definite yellows today. He gets away with snide little kicks all the time.

7 Likes

that was never a yellow. And Fernandino needed to get booked much earlier.

8 Likes

Yeah, but Iā€™m talking about what the decent fans in the crowd should do. If an idiot is jeering next to you, just tell him to cut it out.

I am talking about the European games that we and city had this week?

you are assuming that the majority of city fans are decent ppl ?

1 Like