Post match: Liverpool v City (FAC Semi Final 16/4/22 3.30pm)

Pity they had to.

2 Likes

Brilliant first half,

a bit nervous at times in the 2nd half

hopefully this rattles Pep and he loses the plot for the remaining games of the season

1 Like

Brighton just seems to be coming back to form. The match certainly might be a lot closer than what it would be had it not been postponed.

As fantastic as the first half was, the second half highlighted why I would not want to face City in the CL Final if we get that far. The second half was really uncomfortable at times and with better finishing City could have equalized.

Of course, if Mo had been his old self then the last five minutes wouldn’t have happened as we would’ve killed them off.

8 Likes

The apology was for ‘some’ fans’ behaviour , suggesting it was a small minority. It most definitely wasn’t.

3 Likes

I thought pre-match we’d have it wrapped up by 60’. 3-1 really should have been enough for that. We had to hang on, but relief all round. Bring on another final.

1 Like

We could have gone further ahead on at least two occasions as well.

2 Likes

I liked our bravery with the ball in the first half. Obvious tactics from us was to get Ali to pass out in the middle to Fab/Thiago who have couple of Many City shirts around them. They would either knock it back to Ali to spread wide with the space opened, or Thiago would drop his shoulder and do a 180.

Also, Klopp had TAA stay back a lot, as Pep wanted to float those long balls from Sila to behind TAA, but as he didn’t venture forward to much, they couldn’t do it.

Of course, teh front three led the press really well - Klopp is saying the best we’ve played. Enjoyed that.

3 Likes

Agree about Salah , he’s become a passenger. It might be better using him as an impact sub til he gets his mojo back.

3 Likes

I am exhausted. What a match and what a result! So proud of the boys more than anything for their unity and desire.

Mane, Keita, Thiago, Fab; Just unplayable. May have been one of Naby’s top 3 performances in a Liverpool shirt. At both ends of the pitch he was unbelievable.

City kicked the shit out of Diaz all match as if he insulted their families. Seemed oddly personal toward him.

6 Likes

Oh my fucking god. Now the excuse is we had more time prepare
well not prepare but rest players. And then refusing to acknowledge that we made few changes from the midweek.

3 Likes

Listen I think he had a very poor game today and his decision making was probably the worst I’ve ever seen it, but I think he is still a potential threat that should start if fit. We’ve seen this sort of stutter from him in previous seasons and I think it’s important to play him through it.

2 Likes

Mané for MotM. Our midfield were also fantastic but Sadio just looked joyous today.

We’ll find out who we get in the final tomorrow. My preference would be Palace mainly because we have already played Chelsea in a final this season but als because I remember that season they knocked us out in the semis. It would be great to see a rerun of that (but with a different result).

Anyway, another cup final to look forward to. I’m in my happy place.

6 Likes

It was a tactic. A Sunday league tactic where when the past-it players know this younger player has loads of technique and will destroy them. Disgusting.

I was pleased none of the goals were particularly controversial, but city should have been down to ten. Then again, we could easily have had another couple of goals even so.

I don’t think Mo had a horrible game but he clearly is desperate to score and isn’t quite on form with his finishing — before December that shot towards the end would’ve been top corner rather than straight at Steffen.

1 Like

City were lucky to still have eleven men on the pitch.

The scoreline flatters them enormously.

20 Likes

The gem from fuckface Keown was him mentioning how City were resting players for this game and playing a second keeper, then mentioning how City stood a chance given that Liverpool drew 3-3 midweek , forgetting to mention it was because we rested all our players!

What I wouldn’t give to now see us do the quad and put these Liverpool hating (or humans rights abusers,-loving) commentators in their place.

7 Likes

So, with the FA continuing to fuck over their own premier asset and playing the final before the final game of the league seaosn, we now need to find a new date for the Southampton game.

I think it’s fair to say this may be the reason the quad has never been done

Yet.

But I agree it’s something that could be done after the PL season completes.

I know what you’re saying , but at this critical time we can’t afford to be spurning chances or throwing promising situations away because of poor decision making ,and that’s what he’s been doing now for months. It can’t be about what’s best for him , it’s what’s best for the team.

1 Like

The only date available is the midweek between the final and Wolves on the final day

1 Like