Post match: Liverpool v Fulham (7/3/21 2.00pm)

So supporters now believe that FSG is the problem when our top 13-14 players who won the league were considered the best in their positions? Make your lists then…replace Ali, Salah, Mane, Bobby, Trent, Andy, and our 19-20 starting Midfielders?

This is not a personnel issue. I have a feeling it has something to do with the injuries and the persistent attempts of officials (in the first 15 games) to ensure our downfall.

What’s come after that is just the normal downstream impact of having to throw a team together week in and week out.

2 Likes

Hi scot… thanks for coming… misery loves company and all that

2 Likes

I really thought that with the Salah criminal injury and Karius’ stroke in the 2017-18 CL vs Real, and the 11mm non-goal and 97 points not being enough by a point for the EPL in 2018-19, we had paid what it took for us to see the universe let go.
And after we did win the CL and the EPL in each season after each mishap, I didn’t expect this absolute voodoo of a season…
It’s like all the stars have aligned, from any perspective you look at it, and it just oozes voodoo, it’s just so extreme.

I really feel for the team and hope they can find the strength to become invincible again. This team has so much more into them than what they have achieved, it will be such a pity to end here.

10 Likes

How does this relegation form you speak of (and I agree with) translate into form next season even with injured players back?

and I don’t think Barcelona will be getting him too due to all the shit that they are going thru’ now…

It can’t get any worst, can it… :sob:.

I think our Def is fine, but rather going forward and attacking was really poor. I honestly don’t know if it’s the players that are the problem, or if it’s the structure of the tactics that hampers the boys ability to attack. Something isn’t right, the team looks stale and there’s no urgency or jump to do anything. We can’t even depend on luck to kick start the team, because we used it all in the last three season.
After today, the team isn’t gonna make top 4, and probably gonna coast to the finish line. I don’t think the boss has any more tricks up his sleeves to solve this for this season. If we can get by on Wednesday, we should just focus on getting as far as we can in Champs league.
The team needs recapture its identity, and the only way to do it is changing the core of this team. We need new players new blood to reignite the hunger for trophies.
It just blows my mind how far we have dropped since last season. For sure the injuries have played a apart, but not having fans at anfield really takes a toll on the players confidence. It makes a big difference when you have roaring fans to cheer the team on when they need that confidence booster.

YNWA

2 Likes

hindsight is amazing isnt it lol…

Some players are playing as if they will be in another club next season.

You know it’s desperate times when the lurkers break their silence to express exasperation.

10 Likes

Lemina with one of the best finishes of his career. Areola with one of the best saves of his career. Every crucial loose ball drops kindly for the opposition. It’s not an excuse for what’s happening but nothing, absolutely nothing is coming off for us.

Thank God we are not playing Leipzig at Anfield although even a two goal advantage doesn’t seem enough at this point.

P.S. Anyone who calls for Klopp to be sacked can fuck off.

15 Likes

Good job sheff united, wba are shite or we could be dragged into a relegation battle.
This is a bad as watching Hodgsons Lfc.
Ok we’ve lost our defence but the rest have dropped off a cliff.

2 Likes

Yeah, last year the teams we’ve seen in the past couple of months would have only been featured in the cups. So it’s no wonder…
Today it’s 4 starting 11 players, 4.

My positives

• Keita did well, and if we can keep him fit he could have a big part to play.

• got some rest into some lads

• players actually looked arsed and kept trying to create chances until the last minute.

That’s it, really

9 Likes

You did not need hindsight to see this coming weeks ago.

1 Like

No, it’s worse now.

1 Like

keita did well…hope he didnt get injured in the process…

2 Likes

I’m factoring in the injuries into that statement.

Let me repeat - even factoring in injuries - if we judge by 2021 alone, this is the worst Liverpool team I have seen in my lifetime. We are horrendous. We play the dumbest, most static and uncreative style of play imaginable and it’s absolutely beyond me how a premier league team of Liverpool’s calibre haven’t worked that out yet. There’s zero movement off the ball. It’s like watching pensioners.

I’m not saying they’ve become bad players overnight or lost. But I’m judging them on their play over the past three months. It is abominably bad.

2 Likes

true…so true

1 Like

I’ve just had my bicycle fixed, that was rather pleasing.

5 Likes

The effort is most certainly there but we’re clearly missing something going forward. For me we’re too narrow, and possibly too slow on occasion. We couldn’t rip ourselves out of a paper bag at the moment.

I’m guessing though. I’m honestly lost as to what I’m witnessing.