Post match: Liverpool v Leeds Utd (EPL 29/10/22 7.45pm)

Way too many old and injury-prone midfielders, that is on Klopp. TAA and Gomez need a very long rest …

Some will still think we can win the title.

1 Like

But these are the same players who beat City. When it mattered when everyone thought we would get a bumming they stood up the last we haven’t.

2 Likes

How is it on klopp let them leave and play kids.

1 Like

Surely, we still have enough talent to beat relegation sides? Elliott and Jones are both young, as well.

2 Likes

Because they rose their game, I’ve said it multiple times they are not putting in the hard yards any more, we don’t fight for every ball, we don’t press, we lose the 2nd balls.

For their second goal we have two of our most experienced players standing still, no one taking charge, no one putting their body on the line trying to block the shot. It’s a lack of desire. I don’t buy tiredness, we play other teams they put their bodies on the line all game to not concede. Not us, we stand still watching it happen in front of us and just look bemused when they score.

We just got out ran by 11km by Leeds. All points to a team not putting in the effort be that due to fatigue or something else but fundementally this team is done.

7 Likes

Fabinho is playing like he always has, the team just isn’t compact anymore to compensate for it.

Lots of excuses for his lack of mobility when the reality is that’s just who he is. Look back at his 2 league games against City last year, he was heavily exposed in those when they hit us on transition, as he has been multple times against Chelsea and all 3 games he’s played against Madrid.

He’s a slow footballer that used to play in a team of extremely hard working and athletic footballers, but doesn’t any longer.

4 Likes

My observations

1. We gifted them the first goal, we equalised and pretty much from then on we were a cohesive mess.

2. The diamond formation was not working. It was severely exposing elliot in midfield and he was doing a great job either.

3. Why didn’t we addressed this issue for the whole match? I don’t know.

4. The introduction of Henderson made sense whilst that of Jones didn’t exactly go up to plan. Case in point he had to be moved to the left sidebof the midfield where he started making an impact.

5. Nunez should have scored. For a goalscorer he seriously lacked composure.

6. Salah was practically useless except for the last 15 minutes.

7. My biggest gripe however was the fact that far too many times we could’nt hold the ball. Ball retention was bloody awful at times. We made basic passes looked bloody difficult.

8. Last but not least it was Leeds that looked like the team having a gameplan. That in my opinion is very worrying.

1 Like

MOM again none , erratic defending , no control, rash and armature decision making .
this team needed investment we got nothing . The midfield is pathetic. Leeds ran more pressed better and deserved a draw but because our defending is rubbish they actually won. its painful to watch . The guys are old and and today its was clear that Leeds are much fitter than our players everywhere

Point im making is what we had available good enough to beat those answer is yes considering the City performance before its too simplistic to say players aren’t good enough.

Morton is a better DM than Fabinho.

I just dont know what to make of nunez.
The moment he has time to think he fucks it up.
Sling in a cross like v Ajax and hes better with those type of half chances.

1 Like

Of course we do.

This is all above the shoulders, and that is far harder to rectify than a weak squad.

2 Likes

Leeds outran us by 11km!
Shocking how our standards have dropped.

I can understand the fatigue angle especially coming from the season where we threw everything in and compounded by injuries. The problem has been the same set of players that went for everything are the same set of players again going for everything. Add to the that the tactical switch we are doing in this season itself. There needs to be some back ups and players knowing that the places are not guaranteed but that’s made difficult given the situation we are in sadly.

What does an “arse donut” “rectify”? Asking for a friend.

I pretty much second this. It just feels like one of those seasons where nothing goes our way. I thought we were the better team on the night. Not a great performance, our shape with the diamond midfield is definitely not good, but we should have won this one. Between us gifting them two goals, I felt we were in control. Kudos to Leeds, they played well.

Once again I’d say Robbo was man of the match. I also think Hendo coming on added some urgency to our going forward in the second half.

On a negative note, the result. We should obviously have defended better.

It certainly doesn’t look good loosing two in a row to two teams fighting to avoid relegation😬 on current form this could be the worst season since Woy😥

3 Likes

Starting to feel worse than the Covid season

1 Like

We are at present, a mid-table premiership team, given league performances. Blame who you like. Personally I believe it’s a toss-up between management hubris, reliant on an injury-prone midfield unit with no backup worthy of the name, and an ownership, which relies on a proven class manager to perform miracles with an aging squad, without significant overall improvement of same. Poisoned chalice all around.

5 Likes

Indefensible second half following a flat first. I’m not convinced we’ll win again until January in the league after this