Post match: Liverpool v Leeds Utd (EPL 29/10/22 7.45pm)

The problem with Nunez is the price for what he cost we shouldn’t be having that discussion. If he had cost half of what we paid you could agrue the case age that hes one for the future but what he cost your expecting more.

1 Like

One sits on it to relieve the pressure on one’s :grapes:

so i dont dig too deep on stats to be honest…is that 11k indicative of how much possesion we had? whats the ‘collective distance run’ stat on a home game where we dominate possesion normally?..you know, the ones we used to have 65%plus possesion and win 2-0 type of thing…

i suppose what im asking is, is running 11k less a common figure at anfield…id be suprised if we consistently out run opponents at anfield to be honest…

3 Likes

This is gonna be some second half of the season fairytale…

2 Likes

VVD probably has one although it’s quite used, I’d imagine, by watching him wave the winning shot by without even looking arsed enough to try and get a block in.

1 Like

unfortunately, i think the saying is ;

‘going to the well once too many times’

1 Like

This is the first time you’ve ever said something that didn’t make me feel better.

Why so mean??

Like I said before the game Leeds play with a lot of energy and they pressed us all game, we had 69% possession so naturally they are going to run more than us to get the ball back.

unfortunately im probably on the ‘rip it all up and start again’ bandwagon now.

give jurgen a few years to start all over…

its like that famous backpack mark 2

3 Likes

sorry…genuinely sorry.

i got nothing.

It’s the midfield that needs ripping up.

1 Like

I blame whoever let Gini leave.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think most of us would agree overall. No need to tinker with the keeper or the defence

However, in midfield we need to sign, and spend big bucks, as soon as the window opens. Fabinho-Thiago-Hendo, just doesn’t cut it for me. We need two starters in January, to complement them (plus jones and Carvallo).

In the summer we might need to addo yet another midfielder. Ideally, we would start next season with a completely new midfield trio. Thiago, Hendo, Jones
And Elliot/Carvallo as back ups.

In attack Firmino will leave in the summer, he’ll need to be replaced next summer.

Just wish we would mix it up a little more. Rather than always trying a quick switch from deep left or right, try to pass it short at times in midfield.

Leeds went through us down the middle a few times, as Fab and Elliot would keep moving forwards. The gap between our defensive line of VVD and Gomez with Thiago just in front and the rest of the midfield was too large.

With Bobby playing the number 10, and Thiago in the team, we should be using short passes more. Get Bobby the ball to thread a pass through to Salah or Nunez, who were positioned inbetween the FB and CB.

If Leeds cut out the direct ball, then a simple pass into the chasm left behind was asking for trouble.

And, as like the start of the season, the opposition are scoring (the second goal) at above their xG.

Agree with this. Still does distract from shooting ourselves in the foot, and for at times lack of extra effort, but even being as shite as we are, it still takes the opposition to score from low percentage shots with richochets in their favour.

1 Like

maybe…defensively we are loose and in attack its just not threatening…

thus why i think revolution, not evolution might be required.

forget top four and forget bellingham as a fan…if it happens, it happens…but hopefully give jurgen room to create his second team…it feels pointless scraping fourth and not giving the youth team a shot

1 Like

Half an hour, and this thread already has more replies than the entire West Ham post-match.

1 Like

Hard to take this result but it is what it is. Try to make the most of the rest of the season and make the recruitment boys earn their bonus’s….

Klopp just spoke about fatigue in his post-match interview: too many players having to play too many minutes because of other players being injured, others coming back from injury having to play too soon. That’s an important element.

Then, he spoke about our inability to finish our chances off. That’s what killed us today on more than one occasion. That’s where we were better last season.

And then, he spoke about our bad defending in key moments, like on the second goal. The first Leeds goal was a freak according to him.

But for me, those two latter aspects go back to point 1. Had we had Diaz or Jota on the pitch or on the bench, things would have looked better. Gomez wouldn’t have been on the pitch if we had had Matip and Konaté fit.

5 Likes

Gags aside…we need a refresh, not a rebuild.

You’ve hit the nail on the head. A couple of key signings would turn this turd into a serious silk purse.

1 Like

Klopp was also being prickly preseason when questioned about his midfield and said he couldn’t improve in his 8. Too many excuses, the tactics were poor again, wide open all game.