Post match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 10/2/22 7.45pm)

Hes 21, and got a more obvious ceiling than Harvey, which gets used as a stick to beat him with. Jones is young, and talented. He does his job and does it well for the most part. Hes in the wijnaldum role - both in the team and the way he gets recieved by some fans. He has a job. He does it. He’ll get better as he gets older.

13 Likes

Best thing you could say about Diaz is that he looked like he’d been in the team for 5 years.

Hand - Glove

5 Likes

Given how many times Porto face us am not surprised

4 Likes
  1. Virg. Fuck me he makes it look easy. Any time someone was running at him or the ball came to him, I just knew he would make the right choice every time. Imperious.

2. Jota. What a buy this guy is. He’s scoring the Kuyt type goals that we’ve been missing for a while.

3. Diaz. Really unlucky not to score. But his passing on the left was delicious. Mané+Robbo+Diaz is exciting!

9 Likes

I think it’s a sign of how we’re being spoiled by the performances in the team of late, that we’re actually complaining about Curtis today. He looked perfectly fine to me!

We may not win the league (with all those petroleum dollars against us, not that I’m giving up mind you) but I’m enjoying every minute of this fire-breathing Liverpool beast that we get to watch week-in, week-out!

10 Likes

That’s the first time this season I’ve felt he’s back to his best…i.e. the best in the world

2 Likes

LUIS DIAZ = BOSS BROTHER. Squad depth is now insane. 4 trophies still within our reach. Some good days coming our way my friends. Catch u all at parade in may :fire::fire::fire:

5 Likes

This. It takes 3 seconds of the eye test and Diaz LOOKS a Klopp player from the jump. He has the DNA and there is zero doubt about it.

Skill, desire, work rate, pressing, moves - he is just pure chaos. I said in the match thread, Mane now has a proper position backup that will push him. And everyone will be better because of it.

This one was extremely satisfying tonight. I am still buzzing. Leicester players, collectively, are in my most loathed clubs. Entitled, dirty, spoiled, whingey, crybabies.

14 Likes

Seeing Brendan on the screen tonight reminded me of the days of the transfer committee and constant consternation.

Compare to our recruitment nowadays, with Jota and Diaz the latest exemplars :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

What a dire white shirt black tie and v neck jumper combo.modelled by brenda…

2 Likes

He’s no Stevie G, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

It is good we did not score the second goal too early. Otherwise it could have been 2-2 :rofl:

Joke aside: Diaz seems to be another masterpiece acquisition of our scouting department.

And: OH, HE WEARS THE NUMBER TWENTY!!!

3 Likes

The Anfield crowd must have given Mo a huge boost. He is truly loved by us.

5 Likes

Comfortable in the end, but before the second goal you just had that feeling that Leicester might sneak an equaliser. Good performances all round, apart from the occasional brain fart by Matip.

One of those games like watching a fabulous spell of bowling that doesn’t get a wicket. “You’ll bowl half as well one day and take five for”. We were exceptional at times with some moments of brilliance. Diaz, my god what a player we have there. Could have been double figures but I’m very happy with 2-0 against a Leicester team who can surprise anybody on their day. See you at OT next season BR.

5 Likes

Jurgen Klopp on how well Luis Diaz has settled at Liverpool: "From the first session it was as though he’d been studying us. He is a wonderful talent and has nice speed too."

says it all really…

14 Likes

It’s not wine, I’m watching the same Jones for the last 2 years, he takes too much time on the ball and because of that spaces that were open, close don’t think he will ever learn.

5 Likes

i agree dutch. playing against low block teams even make this look worse

2 Likes

Why on earth on BT Sports that this evening’s post match, they are talking about bloody red Manc? Bunch of morons.

2 Likes

What a player that Matip is, lovely outside of the foot!

9 Likes