Post match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 10/2/22 7.45pm)

They always go off on a tangent…specially when’Rio’s there…fgs talk about the game…

2 Likes

I think that all of a sudden, they decided to talk about which team could get the 4th spot…for some insane reason, they strongly believe red Manc has what it takes.

Like you said, there were so much to talk about on this match. Instead…

1 Like

Really enjoyed my my first live match! Was sat right next to Leicester’s dugout. Unfortunately downloaded my daughters ticket to my phone and mine to hers so we had to swap phones (she was in the KK stand).

Dias looks really promising already, will be a great buy if he continues like this. Harvey is like a Jack Russell , never stops and constantly hassli g the opposition. Jones, while covering a lot of the pitch and having many good moments does lose the ball to often.

Definitely going to try and get to more matches! Daughter really enjoyed it as well. Only downer is the house we’re staying at can see the Gwladys End, what a dump, still, its dark, so that helps.

26 Likes

First time in a while i thought the lads stayed focused and composed.

As a result they dominated Leicester.

Three points

No goals conceded.

No injuries.

Jota giving opposition new worries.

Depth on this squad now equal to that of City at much less cost than City.

Loved watching the Anfield crowd acknowledging Diaz as he was subbed off.

Kudos to Klopp for subbing him off and giving Diaz the opportunity to experience the spirit.

It may have been a routine match for most watching but i saw something today i haven’t seen since the lads demolished Barcelona not too long ago.

I truly believe that this season will be one for us to be proud of. We’re in the hunt in three tournaments and contenders in the league.

Klopp seems to have it under control, the staff are making sure that the details are handled, FSG appear to be doing what they need to do.

I can’t really think of any day in my life that I’ve been more comfortsble being a Liverpool supporter.

5 Likes

still in the chase, we created enough but we werent clinical except jota. Curtis and firmino need to stop loosing the ball

Keep your curtains closed…

1 Like

To be fair he wasn’t the only one. Bobby gave away possession a few times by dawdling on the ball and so did Matip. Even Elliot, the current golden boy (and quite rightly - there is an obvious snap and speed to his passing that we benefitted from when he got on) got caught in possession a couple of times.

As you say, he’s young. But he needs space to develop without people on his back. Even if he ends up as our sixth choice midfielder, that’s a show of our strength. Cos he’d be automatically starting for most PL sides.

10 Likes

He has literally just turned 21.

4 Likes

Yes, I know but it is in his system, he is in love with the ball and he does not have the look where the open spaces are before he receives the ball. A lot of players don’t have that, nothing wrong with that, just don’t expect him to be playing for Liverpool in two years.

Both Jones and Firmino didn’t have great games however we generally had a comfortable game

One of the most enjoyable games 1-0 up and it was chance after chance with only Kavangh giving Leicester any chance of moving forward.

They did like falling over didn’t they, absolutely horrible. Only thing they had to cheer was the goalie who to be fair did well especially on the one on ones before Jota got his second.

Strangely didn’t feel like Leicester would score as the game went on, it felt as comfortable as a 3-0 and yet we were still 1-0.

Anyhow my only major complaint is the ref he was crap.

8 Likes

Very disappointed. We should of won 5-0.
Kidding aside what a player Díaz is,and he can improve even more under Klopp.
Diogo was excellent tonight and I can see him forming a great partnership with Diaz. The whole team played well tonight.

6 Likes

My hubby walked past the blue monstrosity…and thought it was a warehouse…little did he know what lay behind the corrugated walls…

3 Likes

I would agree, but he does have a tendency to kick the ball straight to the opposition. On another occasion he failed to track their striker, leaving him with a clear shot on goal. On the other hand, he can look Hansenesque when he brings the ball out of defence up to the half way line.

1 Like

Jota is the ultimate fox in the box. He just seems always to be in the right position. lol. I thought we were fantastic. We just don’t ever seem to want to protect a lead though.

:thinking:

Well I very much doubt Liverpool will be selling Jones in the next 2 years so I’m not sure exactly where you think he’ll be going.

I’m just really thankful we have him in our squad tbh and he’ll only get better under Jurgen.

8 Likes

I could have added a few more players as MOTM if the was room

2 Likes

Re Jones. His biggest asset is his biggest downfall. His touch and ball handling skills are probably in the top 3 for the entire squad, and imo he gravitates towards this in order to show what he can do, and unfortunately this is by far his biggest problem. If he spent 5-10% less game focus on this, and spent that time moving the ball quickly in attack (he currently kills attacking situations too often), and especially not trying to be fancy when receiving the ball deep and under pressure, then he will be excellent. He has youth on his side, however he has had this issue for 3 seasons, and it’s a concern that it’s not getting any better. Some posters have stated that Thiago also loses the ball deep, but I would guess that his ratio per 90 is way less than Jones, not to mention what else he brings to the team.

The game itself was like getting teeth pulled. Very impressed with Diaz (so far, yes only 2 games), and it makes the thought of cashing in on Mane seem like a smart move, even though I would like to keep them all. As Jurgen said, it seems like he has been studying the team for a year. He must be playing with a semi with all the quality players around him, the guy suffers playing for the current Colombia side.

Jota 4 goals behind Mo for golden boot.

3 Likes

Another day, that’s 5-0. The only thing that was missing was a little bit more composure in front of goal. And to be fair, they have got a good keeper. As dominant a performance as you’ll see.

7 Likes

Where to start with that.

Both CBs were imperious, between them only gave Leicester 1 sighting on goal…and even that was more of a sloppy play by Trent.

Fab bossed it from start to finish.

Jota took a little while to get going but once he did he’s unstoppable.

Diaz played like a mad man possessed, knew beforehand that Justin kid was in for a rough night but I didn’t know he tried it on with Luis’ girl. He fucked him up.

1 Like

I enjoyed it as much as any 1-0 is enjoyable. Pulling teeth is when we are conceding chance after chance or doing nothing up top, about a 3 month spell last year was pulling teeth.

2 Likes