Post Match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 22/11/20 7.15pm

Matip patting the wrong head after Bobby’s goal made me laugh. Love the all round reaction to Bobby getting his much deserved goal though.

What a performance. So many players missing, just got on with it and completely outplayed them.

Quality.

7 Likes

Excellent performance, even more so given the number of injuries to key players.
One and only negative was the injury to Keita; here’s hoping it’s a minor one.
Hard to pick a MOTM when virtually everyone gave at least an 8/10 performance.
Special nods to:
Milner, excellent at RB, and then excellent in midfield.
Jota, just keeps scoring.
Robbo, dear god does he ever get tired?
Gini, steady as it gets.
Matip/Fabinho combo could still turn out to be the best CB pairing in the PL by the end of the season.
Jones/Keita midfield combo worked really well.
Neco had his best showing in quite a while.

Expect we’ll continue to rotate, and hopefully will be able to introduce Thiago back soon, and Hendo as well. Salah cleared to begin training again, so hope to see him by next weekend.

Hoping we get another W against Atalanta, as if we do, then we can really rest the squad for the final two CL group matches.****

3 Likes

Correction @jaffod Klopp has confirmed that he trained but they didn’t realise he picked up a hamstring injury while with Switzerland so another one to add to the long injury list along with Keita who also has a HS injury

Watching this again and wondering which was the better header: Bobby’s or Jonny’s.

6 Likes

Fantastic team performance from every single one, considering all the outs you wouldn’t know that wasn’t our strongest xi.

Very impressed with Jones, seems so mature and has taken to being in the first team very well.

4 Likes

Wow really!!
The thing is Flobs, is that unfortunately I do read what you say/post hence my response. At the same time i respect every others posters (including your) right to have an opinion, something you fail to grasp.
Where in my post have i spouted S**t about your posts? You have consistently criticised an Important player, whom has played a vital role in our success cough 6th European Cup, First Championship is how many years and now a new home record. I questioned you re: the Man City game to discuss Gini and you disappeared.
Tonight, your comments suggested that you were happy you hadn’t read the pre-game thread because of the negative views portrayed by other posters, Followed up by how people should believe in Klopp and the squad. Additionally, you pretty much ridiculed people for voting for Bobby or Gini in their MoTM vote.
So to summarise… i respect your opinion, just as much as any other. However, i place more value on their opinion more because they are willing to debate/provide substance to their views, rather than just stating the other poster is “spouting sh*t”.
SO… why don’t you try to actually read my and other forum members post’s and treat them and their points with a bit of respect and maybe an intellectual response.

4 Likes

Earlier there’s Hota, now Kota.
Next, will we get Uota, Iota, Nota and Mota?
All the letters surrounding J. :grin:

1 Like

I second all posters who have stated that it’s difficult to pick only 3 players for MoM. All the players deserved great credit for putting in a very very good performance on the field. Delighted Bobby finally got his goal after being denied by the post and literally mm. YNWA

2 Likes

So if he doesn’t play a lot he gets injured then if he plays too much he gets injured and then if he plays too little or too much he gets injured. :rofl:

2 Likes

It has been said, but worth repeating.
This has been the best performance since the restart last season.

This was a victory for the manager, the training staff and the club more than the players.

10 Likes

Have to say, I wasn’t expecting such a good performance, because of the number of players missing. But it was exceptional and Leicester were fortunate to escape with a 3-0 defeat, despite what Rodgers said. Everybody played well, Jota man of the match for me but Milner also excelled.

4 Likes

Although prob our 4th or even 5th choice pairing, Matip and Fabinho is still the best CB partnership in the league. Don’t know if that’s a blight on the standard of defenders for the rest of the league, or just a testament to our quality and depth in defence. Probably somewhere in between. If we can still perform like this with 6 absolutely key players vital to our first XI out missing then good luck to everyone else when we get our full team of players back fit and firing.

8 Likes

Actually, I got that wrong. We broke our own club record. Mourinho’s record is 86 matches unbeaten at Stamford Bridge.

Sorry for the mistake.

3 Likes
  1. VVD-Matip
  2. VVD-Gomez
  3. VVD-Fab
  4. Matip-Gomez
  5. Matip-Fab
  6. Gomez-Fab

Yep 5th best.

2 Likes

VVd - Matip
VVd - Fab
Matip - Fab
VVD - Gomez
Matip - Gomez
Gomez - Fab

Gomez still has a way to go.

1 Like

Just wondering if anyone knows how many passes in the build up to Jota’s goal. I was thinking that it was a lot as Jones launched his cross field pass.

1 Like

The widely reported figure is 30, including on Sky after the match.

@RedSi73 posted it earlier in this thread, too. :+1:

2 Likes

The line is wider than the uprights…! How is that fair if goal-line technology is to be used…!!!

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/_UDKvHRaI-I

6 Likes

Yeah I thought he looked exhausted. Poor guy needs a rest - perhaps he can be benched for a couple of games when Salah comes back?

2 Likes