Post Match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 22/11/20 7.15pm

You don’t realise how something drilled on the training ground translates to a goal in an actual game until you see an analysis like this, and you notice how pretty much every one of the touches in the buildup came in two specific points in the middle of the pitch.

I doubt they trained ‘you must have 30 touches before pinging the ball’ but I’m sure they were waiting for a change in Leicester’s balance in defence from our movement before making the move.

6 Likes

Yeah I know but that’s auto correct and no glasses.

1 Like

And we ended that streak if my atrophying memory is still up to it.

3 Likes

No, we are now at 64 games unbeaten at home, which is one better than our best-ever home record until this point.

2 Likes

Xabi did the damage :+1:

1 Like

Jota’s for me. Very much like one Bobby got against Spurs at Anfield 2 years ago.

Bobby’s yesterday reminded me of the one he got against Roma in the 5-2.

2 Likes

I think it’s been the best alongside a number of really goods, Atlanta, Arsenal and Chelsea were all excellent performances in my view.

Which ironically is more than we produced at this time last season.

As for injuries Keita and Shaq will not likely be long term but it is those injuries we need to keep low, we’ve lost two long term, we probably need to keep that low, and then just manage the rest.

I think we will have 2-3 back by next weekend so it’s really a decision for Klopp to make on Wednesday.

5 Likes

He means they ended in 86 because we beat them at Stamford Bridge the game after. :wink:

So we ended that streak, stopping it at 86.

3 Likes

The commentators were begging the last time we had a record unbeaten run it was Leicester that ended it blah blah fucking blah,Leicester this and Leicester that,the fuck out of here,could’ve been 8-0.

17 Likes

What a great all round performance. Never looked in danger for the whole game. Hopefully we can keep Matip and Fabinho fit until End of January at least. Milly never ceases to amaze me and I thought he was the stand out performer first half. Nice to see Bobby get on the score sheet with a great header. Gave Milly my MOM for a superb performance.

5 Likes

Delighted by the performance. Best we have played since the restart imho.

The whole squad and management team should be applauded…

I was so proud that even with half a starting XI we could obliterate the pretenders.

9 Likes

It’s why I mute them…

I turned them on once we scored the 3rd but the way they beg sometimes is pathetic.

3 Likes

After we went 2-0 up, Carragher sounded almost disappointed that Leicester had been blown away.

6 Likes

They nearly were to be honest. A whole host of missed chances. 5-0 would not have been unrealistic given the performance from the lads last night.

I’m still delighted for the lads with Keita’s injury probably being the only blight on the night.

4 Likes

Carra is really not protecting the legacy he left; he had a period where he went a bit feral, gobbing at another driver etc, and since that he seems to be playing it ultra safe. To the point, it seems, he is not so much an ex LFC player, but more an ‘independent pundit’. Appreciably he is contracted to this, but at times, you have to suspect some of the loyalty is less than it was.

3 Likes

Lifted this from Bluemoon. Had me in tears. This guy has tried to rationalize why teams and players try harder against City and roll over for us.

:rofl: :rofl:

Is there a difference between respect and love? Makes a difference in this sense I think…as people may respect Klopp and what he has done for liverpool over the last few years…but do they love him?..certainly not as much as players and coaches around the world love Pep?

Pep has had success at Barcelona & Bayern, people admire/love him for the football he plays and the teams he has produced. The way he had developed players and the clubs as a whole has made people want to play like him and play for him. Is there somethign of this then when teams come up against City. They all know that the way to impress him is by playing their hearts out. Teams go all out not just to beat City but to impress Pep.

16 Likes

This says it all, deluded fools that haven’t got a clue.

4 Likes

Must’ve been a typo,i think he meant loathe not love.

4 Likes

Quite possibly the biggest load of bollocks that I’ve read in a very long time.

5 Likes

I would say that’s more accurate of Klopp

4 Likes