Post Match: Liverpool v Leicester (EPL 22/11/20 7.15pm

Game of inches. Just ask goal line technology.

2 Likes

With all seriousness, another VAR point, but I did notice at times the Ref was a bit uncertain and was caught looking over expecting VAR to step in. Of all the criticisms we can level at VAR it has diffused the authority of the ref on the pitch. Yep its going to get worse before it gets better.

1 Like

Edit…
This is a must watch!

14 Likes
4 Likes

Get Bobby in your FPL now, lads.

1 Like

Any player could be MotM. A superb performance by a superb team. Missing a shitload of players to injury and playing a team that was top of league … But I’m giving it to Milner. Providing leadership with Hendo out. And …

K lopp: No TAA
Milner: No problem.

Klopp: No Naby now
Milner: No problem.

2 Likes

So, I’m looking forward to the LFC vs Leicester game. Not long for the kick off. Just a few points to make.

1. I hope we don’t get hammered. We’re down to the bare bones.
  2. I worry teams have worked us out. I mean we have been beaten 6 times in 90 odd games.
  3. Wish we had a striker like Vardy he’s on fire.
  4. Wish we had a partnership up front like Harry Lane and Son. They are mustard.
  5. We definitely need to buy a centre back in January. Even a stop gap like Caulker.
  6. I am praying to finish in the top four. Top four finish and not getting humiliated by Midtyland in the Champions league and I’ll be satisfied with the season.
  7. Curtis Jones is too cocky to make it at LFC.
  8. Gini passes the ball sideways too much. When will we see his Holland form in a red shirt.
  9. Bobby is finished. He’ll never recover his form.
  10. Mo is too greedy. Can’t pass or score for toffee.
  11. Our axial play (whatever that is) has let us down time and again especially at home. I have no idea how we can make Anfield a fortress again.
    Anyway that’s it for now. See you after the game. I’ll be the one wetting the bed.
1 Like

I have been with friends this evening and could not watch the game. Overjoyed by the result, seems a very strong Liverpool team showed up tonight. A Massive result in context with the table !

5 Likes

Generally I thought he managed the game well, few fouls he seemed to give Leicester that we didn’t get but overall he did well and punished the worst of them.

3 Likes

Yeah I wasnt questioning that, just thought I caught him looking over a few times in a ‘can I get this’ way, or expectant that VAR might come in. Maybe I didnt see what I thought I did. But there sure is a diffusion; something to keep an eye on thats all.

1 Like

No, they lost that stage of the game 1-0 instead of 2-0.

1 Like

Nah I was just pointing out that I thought he did well, maybe you are right. Coote would have probably ruled out about 2 of those goals.

2 Likes

also to be fair to naby, this was his 3rd game in like 10 days…

edit… played 2 games for country

5 Likes

They just mentioned on MOTD2 that coote was meant to be the VAR ref but was replaced in the end. Perhaps we complained and got him replaced. Thank feck for that because if he were there I think he would have called a penalty against us for that Matip handball early in the game.

3 Likes

After all the hype Fofana received, he got tormented today. First 25 minutes were good but after that he was a show.

Mane can make any defender in the world look ridiculous.

6 Likes

True but Ribena Boy being on the pitch does bring the average age up to 42 :wink:

2 Likes

prediction website has Liverpool finishing top with 81 points

2 Likes

Very nice touch with Ali placing Ray’s kit behind the net in front of the Kop. It is also great that our boys keep the clean sheet for Ray as well.

Even Sky Studio were celebrating for Bobby’s goal after so many attempts in this match. Nice.

On a snowy day, almost forgot that our match started at 2:15pm instead of 3:00pm Eastern. Out on my Hendo kit, even knowing that our Captain would not be on the pitch. My heart was pounding a bit more than normal. However, watching our boys coming through the tunnel onto the pitch, seeing how strong our 11 were, even with the injury problems, I didn’t feel as nervous.

Really glad that we do not have to deal with VAR in this match to settle anything.

TV was showing the stats that the Foxes were attacking our right flank at higher percentage…I guess that the chances were still few and far between from them. I was actually surprised that the Foxes did not take more chances. They were more pro-active against our boys late in the 2nd half, after Baby was off injured. I was shouting at the screen with Neco or Curtis outside of our box and tried to carried the ball and played out, in the end, getting ourselves in poor positions, and gave up the ball several times. But those really are the criticism in this match.

Every one wearing the red kit were giving their all. I am very pleased with the results. The exception would be poor Baby limped off with another muscle injury.

My 3 picks:

1. Diogo
  2. Robbo
  3. Bobby

Massive shout out to Milly and the 2 centre backs. Ali, Gini and Baby too. Hack, the whole team!

8 Likes

@SBYM has predicted that would put us 14 points clear.

1 Like

Absolute pain to watch games via shady links.
Even more ridiculously difficult to keep your attention on the game when random images pop up of bikini girls.
So glad that we won this considering the insane amount of injuries we have.
Dominating performance.
Milner and robbo are unbelievable. They just keep improving infinitesimaly every game!!

2 Likes