Post match: Liverpool v Norwich (FAC 2/3/22 8.15pm)

Man of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • James MILNER
  • Ibrahima KONATE
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Kostas TSIMIKAS
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • Curtis JONES
  • Takumi MINAMINO
  • Divock ORIGI
  • Diogo JOTA
  • Harvey ELLIOT
  • Tyler MORTON
  • Sadio MANE
  • Luis DIAZ

0 voters

Unused subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Robertson, Matip, Bradley

:arrows_counterclockwise: 45’ Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_right: Curtis JONES :arrow_left:

:arrows_counterclockwise: 61’ Tyler MORTON :arrow_right: Jordan HENDERSON :arrow_left:

:arrows_counterclockwise: 84’ Sadio MANE :arrow_right: Divock ORIGI :arrow_left:

:arrows_counterclockwise: 84’ Luis DIAZ :arrow_right: Diogo JOTA :arrow_left:

:soccer: 27’ Takumi MINAMINO (Assist Divock ORIGI)

:soccer: 39’ Takumi MINAMINO (Assist Kostas TSIMIKAS)

FFS I get called into work and it all of a sudden becomes squeaky bum time. WTF

3 Likes

What is it with us at 2-0?

Minamino’s best game for us. Hope Curtis is alright, cos he was purring.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Hendo goes off and got all a bit silly regarding our passing.

Anyhow it’s a win with a second string so that will do.

Hopefully Jones is a caution as he played well today and another reason we dropped off a Cliff when Hendo went off.

Ox was bad.

4 Likes

Job done, too pedestrian in the second and Henderson badly missed. Onwards and upwards.

I don’t think it was that bad, it only started deteriorating once we started tiring and Morton came on. It was a good goal by them at any rate, and usually one would think that our keepers would get shots from there anyway. To push blame onto our players would be harsh I feel.

1 Like

As I said when Hendo went off it really did drop off, I don’t blame Morton as Elliott was trying to do everything at 200mph.

Shows what expirence can do, glad to see Gomez look ok up to the goal but yeah Milner struggled at the end, wind didn’t help and the pitch looks bad. All in all a comfortable breeze turned into a scrappy last 20.

After Sunday I’d take a scrappy win and move on. Let them have their what if moment, if their players were getting cramp after 75 mins I’m sure Diaz and Mane would have finished them.

4 Likes

Call that a match report? This place has really gone downhill in my absence. :joy:

7 Likes

Someone had to do it while the main person was slacking off…

1 Like

BONUS FUN FACT

There are as many posters on the Caf talking about trebles and quadruples as there are on here.

9 Likes

Jones and Taki, headband and shoulders above the rest.

10 Likes

We slacked off a bit in the last 30 but it didn’t make a difference in the end.

Professional performance from Liverpool. Could have put the game to bed, Norwich scored a nice goal, but they never looked like equalising.

Tsimikas played really well again, Jones had a good half, Elliot looked bright, two great goals from Taki. I’ll take that.

3 Likes

Have you been planning that since the Black Panther gag??

In any case… :clap:

5 Likes

Currently wearing one of the misses myself to feel like a true Taki Titan.

Agree that the pitch at the end looked as shit as I can remember.

1 Like

The best thing I can say about it is: you can not play every match briljant.

Minamino MotM.

5 Likes