Post match: Liverpool v Norwich (FAC 2/3/22 8.15pm)

Anyhow Man Utd now moves to April, potentially before the Everton game.

2 Likes

Wonder what the odds are?

Great Success Win GIF

4 Likes

Jones for me, Taki a very close second. Took our little guy a while to settle but looking more than every inch the stand in reserve and super sub.

2 Likes

Dean Smith’s face really annoys me and I’m not sure why.

2 Likes

TAKUMI :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Job done. Progress to the next round sealed (making it Klopp’s best ever season in the domestic cups) and key players rested.

Very good first half. We lost control when Hendo went off, which is small wonder our midfield was Morton-Elliott-Ox: our only defensively-minded midfielder being an inexperienced 19-year old. Had Jones been able to keep playing after the break, Morton would have probably fared better. Or maybe Milner could have been shifted to midfield.

Anyway, all is well that ends well. Job done and first FA cup QF for Klopp.

1 Like

Routine win.

Left ourselves a bit lightweight in midfield once Hendo went off but they never looked like scoring a 2nd.

Thought Milner was better than most seem to think with Minamino and Konate the other stand-outs. Divock really struggled to make any impact at all.

Hope we get City at home next round.

1 Like

Is he getting stick? I thought he was great.

3 Likes

@cynicaloldgit you ask for it. By popular request people, choose between great, inspirational, divine and godly.

FIsh

4 Likes

Haven’t I seen that before? Was it at MOMA or Tait Modern?

1 Like

I am not one to boast but…

1 Like

INTRODUCING the Taki we scouted at red bull.

2 Likes

Perfect starting line up. Good rotation, and with Henderson and Milner on the pitch, no one could slack off.

Plus Salah got a rare day off as well.

On to West Ham, where need to need to get some revenge for the 3-2 loss back in November.

Routine win made to look closer by the hopeful long shot.

sadly missed watching the game but really happy with the result and more so delighted that Taki getting a brace. Made up for the lad, because I am sure he was very disappointed not to have played in the Carabao cup final after some of his goals in the rounds leading to the final

1 Like

Taki is like a more agile version of Danny Ings.

2 Likes

What a weird game :exploding_head:. It was nowhere near as competitive as the score-line suggests.

1 Like

Minamino finally looking fully adjusted. He is comfortable in his own skin and his game has benefited from it. Strong in possession and very sound technically as well. Amazing what confidence does. If he keeps this up, he’ll start challenging those ahead of him, which can only be a good thing.

On the flip side, after taking 2.5 years to have a fully fit squad, we played one game and since then we’ve lost Firmino, Thiago and Jones to injuries with Jota only now coming back. Chamberlain looked like he was struggling towards the end as well.

Minamino MotM for us. Arguably his best performance for us so far. Who normally plays there? Mo someone?

I was very impressed with Curtis in the first half. Klopp seems to be saying he was taken off more as a precaution so we’ll see what comes of that. Regardless, I though Elliott covered well - possibly the second match in a row that he has played more than he expected?

We kind of made hard work of that in the end. I’m putting it down to tired legs. In the last 20 minutes Norwich played more like they did in the league. I suspect they are going down which is a pity as I think they can play attractive football - just that it’s attractive football at a Championship level.

2 Likes