Post match: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest (EPL 14/9/24 3pm)

As I’ve said before this was very little to do with Forest. It was entirely about us…
Yes they won and you have to credit them that, but this was 100% about Liverpool…

What would be the point of using Endo?

Forest bringing Elenga and Odoi on changed the game. Our subs had no impact.

Spot on. @bas1492 gotta be dropped immediately.

1 Like

You can say it as much as you want but doesn’t make it true. Forest defended wel, looked dangerous on the break, and scored an excellent goal

First loss of the season, so poor from the boys today :pensive:. Too many over hit passes, players not concentrated enough in the game. I think first half we were more threatening but in general it was a underwhelming performance.
What I do noticed is we struggle to breakdown a well drilled midfield of Forest today. Without the fluent interchange and rotation from our midfield, our attack really suffered today. When we had the chance to breakout down the flank, Mo and Diaz couldn’t beat the defender 1v1 and we ended up back passing and letting Forrest setup their block.
We really need to buy a winger that has the ability to beat defenders down the flank.
It’s not acceptable to lose at Anfield, but losing early in the season might give Slot the ability to adjust and correct our deficiency.

YNWA

5 Likes

I hope that’s true, because if it was a case of Forest making it difficult for us, then a lot of teams will be able to do that.

#klopppout

And never be allowed to start another thread ever, hes flaming useless

5 Likes

They may have defended well, but they also never came under the kind of incisive pressure that this team is capable. That for me is the preeminent factor…

1 Like

Is there a “non” option for the MOTM poll?

It is appalling that Chiesa is not even in the squad as a deputy to either Szoboszlai or Salah despite these 2 having quite significant minutes in the international break and has flown back to LFC just a few days ago. The stuff that these 2 were doing were dogshit and were probably the worse among the squad today.

After the shit first half, it went absolutely shit in the 2nd half after the subs.

TAA will never be a CM in this life and I hope Slot remembers this painful lesson like how Southgate found out the hard way. CM is a place where the ability to have close control is essential. Today, his control and first touches were shit. MOTM in the nations league means jack shit in the whole scheme of things for LFC.

Bradley was cooked throughly by Hudson-Odoi for that goal which was expected with no one shielding him in midfield.

The subs bar for Tsimikas were useless. Gakpo was lost, Nunez couldn’t get any service, Bradley got skinned really badly a few times, Jones’ only notable contribution was to thread a pass to space to Tsimikas that was way too off.

1 Like

We just signed a fella in that position who’s rather good you know

1 Like

I’m aware, mate. Probably should have used past tense to be clearer. Wasn’t an option so far, and hope he can be soon.

Is it appalling if he’s not deemed ready to play?

We’d already made all our attacking changes. Jota definitely deserved it and it was probably planned for Lucho given his previous week.

It wasn’t just the passes we hit to players running the other direction, once we made that round of subs we had players frequently on the ball trying to play it where they wanted only to find no one there. We had a spell where we looked very confused.

2 Likes

Could have used Chiesa today. Pity he wasn’t considered ready…

They did. They collectively made us significantly worse

1 Like

Let’s see how the squad reacts next week. Part of the caution in our optimism from our start has been how we respond when things get tough. With our first defeat at home against a team we should be ejaculating all over, and with games every 3 days in Europe, the league, and the Carabao Cup, we’re about to find out.

1 Like

Teething problems for Slot is expected. Too many getting carried away with the first three games. There’s going to be some set backs. Slot will study this game thoroughly and learn from it.

We’ve got games coming thick and fast, so on to Milan and get this loss out of the system.

3 Likes

He cant do 15? Hes been training for 3 weeks.