Post match: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest (EPL 14/9/24 3pm)

Bar the odd bit v ipswich weve had it our own way. Today we didnt, we conceede and look lost.
Same issues as last season. You just cannot be losing to shit like this. City wont. Arsenal wont. In fact every team who finishes in top 8 wont.

4 Likes

Whatever Slot did in preparation for this one, he must be deeply regretting it now. No one seemed up for the game, including himself.

Rude awakening for him.

1 Like

I wonder what would have happened if Elliott didn’t get injured.

He got 45 mins in their first pre a season game in July and hasn’t played since, and has had only two training sessions with the full squad.

1 Like

you had me reading very attentively unil that part

1 Like

You understand nothing in that case. It was highlighted that NĂșñez was a great forward, but would require a complete change in our playing style.

I agree. It’s just with the new management team in place, I’m intrigued (not sure if that’s the right word) to see how they respond to that. Most teams do have one or two stinkers a season, where nothing goes your way. You just hope it’s a one-off, and a stinker.

1 Like

thank you for the clarification
 Here i was wondering what that empty sound in my head was

2 Likes

1 Like

Too many in the box were on their heels. One of those days where the player checks his run just as the pass is going to be hit.

Some times it happens when you’re off the boil and can’t get the goal. Should have come away with 0-0 though.

Still, Hudson-Odoi had a lot to do with players getting back. His MO is usually to come off the left and open his body to finish with his right into the far corner with placement rather than power. And that’s exactly what he did. Bradley should’ve known, and I expect he was told this before coming on at RB.

2 Likes

A serious conversation needs be had re sozbo. He only turns up 20 mins per game and stank out the place today. Been like this since start of 24 so not like its a new thing.

2 Likes

Is this an attempt at sarcasm?

Cheer up lads; we’re still 3 points ahead of Man United.

3 Likes

Well the scoreline, and the first dozen comments in here validates my decision to watch the Solheim Cup instead of this.

were you really watching golf, or were you watching HER (you know whom im asking about)

At least Forrest are still undefeated.

3 weeks with the club and no international football to distract him and it is still not enough for a place in the subs?

Bad day at the office. On our end the passing was sloppy, and far too many of them were below par. We didn’t have the sort of control we were starting to see under Slot either. It’s unfair to pick out just one, as almost all of them were below par, but given the money he is on we look to Salah to do something, and today he did nothing. He didn’t have the beating of the fullback, and numerous times he lost the ball in a 1v1 duel. Quansah was hooked for losing less tussles. On a few promising occasions Mo cut back on his left but then either didn’t find a pass, or he hit a weak shot that carried no threat. Not a good day for Salah, but to be fair, not a good day for almost all of them.

International football during the season is a pain in the arse. We lost all rhythm.

Forest did everything they could to get the points. They fought hard, stuck their foot in, and put an enormous amount of energy into it. They added a couple of threatening players in Elanga and Hudson Odoi, with the latter scoring a very good goal to win it.

Michael Oliver earns a healthy income stream from Abu Dhabi. I don’t know if he has to disclose that or not, but it is not right for referees to be paid from the owners of one of the teams in the Premier League competition. It definitely does not pass the sniff test, as it now makes me want to scrutinize the ref.

Oliver let Forest be too aggressive all day long. Yates should have had several yellows before he finally got booked. Forest were sticking their foot in, and also putting their hands in the face of our players, and generally playing like a Tony Pulis Stoke side. Oliver let them do it, so why shouldn’t they? It helped them get the points.

One more aspect of Oliver’s performance was in the large amount of free kicks he gave against us, for what looked to me like playing our normal game, where we press and nick the ball away. Oliver must have blown up for ten or more of those, when only a small fraction were legitimate fouls.

Still, we were below par, and that was the biggest factor in the loss. We did not play to our level. We are going to find out more about the team now that we are moving to two games a week.

Final comment on Chiesa. Hopefully he is up to speed very soon, as that game today looked like it needed a little something to pick a lock as Forest packed the defence and hung on. Chiesa has the beating of a man, and he can usually find a pass too, so hopefully he will be a very useful addition soon, whether from the bench, to start, or to rotate in as another option.

6 Likes

Imagine your insight from that single fact, and Slot’s insight who’s with him on a daily basis these said 3 weeks.

1 Like