Post match: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest (EPL 14/9/24 3pm)

the TAN after a loss is the true definition of, “the block is hot” stay away… were is @Alright_Now_Legend and @cynicaloldgit when we need a bit of humor?

2 Likes

And to make matters worse, with the transfer window now closed, we can’t even go and sign a new Pre Match thread starter to replace him. #Shambles

We were poor but… i think our bad transfer window is partly to blame. And we will see more days like this.

Judging from last season it was evident especially down the stretch that our forward line for various reasons were toothless in attack. We struggled for goals. We have the same players still. So we will see similar results sometimes.

Chiesa is here but we could of used a ruthless finisher in front of goal in the last transfer window.

Also Slot was terrible too.

Loving Gravenburch!

1 Like

I can imagine him being on the bench, coming in, not making any difference, and being considered a bad buy or a bad call to be subbed in, by anyone who thinks he knows better than the management whether he should have made the bench.

Top of the charts in most things vs Utd, despite the two misses. But I agree that today he had a bad game - much like most of the reds.

2 Likes

Pity you can’t get his name right…

It’s not even like the bench was weak or lacking attacking options. We made attacking subs but the changes collectively stunk it out.

4 Likes

Today very much felt like one of those days where the team just collectively weren’t on it.

4 Likes

Probably for the best and it’s how we react.

As I said previously top 4 and a cup run.

2 Likes

Real shame about Harvey, timing sucks but even moreso at a time when you’d be calling for him to play ahead of the guy in his position absolutely stinking the gaff out.

If only there were a player or 2 out there in the market good enough to make our squad.

Liverpool manager Arne Slot: "The result frustrates the most and we cannot be hapy about how the game went. It was a stop-start game and we harldy created any chances.

"We only have to look at ourselves, we have to be better. Far too many times we lost the ball around the area, it was not good enough. We have to be better with the ball.

“Our decisions and execution wasn’t good enough. In general we defended quite well but the two fast players came on and made it difficult. We took a lot of risk and in the end it was a very good goal.”

Pretty much what most have said in here.

At least he recognises it…test now comes to see if he can change it

3 Likes

To be honest, he couldn’t do much worse than Salah or Szoboszlai today!

Now watch everton beat villa to complete the miserable weekend

I fucking hate international breaks.

2 Likes

i only tolerate them when we have injuries

1 Like

I don’t think we were that bad before the subs either. Forest, and Oliver, helped prevent us getting into a rhythm, but we still found ways to create a number of decentish openings. The opportunity was there to turn the screw with the subs and it went horribly in the wrong direction

3 Likes

TAA, Szoboszlai and Salah played like they won a competition. Their passing was atrocious. TAA too often going for the killer “Hollywood” pass only to lose possession as a result. The move into midfield didn’t work at all, he became ineffective.
Subs made zero positive impact whereas their subs won them the game.

I don’t agree with anyone saying that’s all us and nothing to do with Forest. They defended very well and scored a lovely goal. Their keeper could have taken a seat in the Kop in the 2nd half.

Losing is never good of course but as the cliché goes, you learn more in defeat than victory and I’m sure Slot learnt a lot today.

2 Likes

Isn’t that Trent all over now?

When it comes off, it’s magical…when it doesn’t, there really isn’t anything else there he can fall back on.

Our “fullbacks” offered absolutely nothing all game.

Problem was only a fortnight back there were demands to give these players whatever they wanted.

Remember the “let’s get the Chelsea guy in”.

2 Likes

Agreed