Post Match: Liverpool v Real Madrid (UCL 21/07/23 8pm)

Those two moments swung the game firmly towards Madrid, and they were both incredibly unlucky

At 2-1 I literally said to myself ‘Nothing silly now. Just get to Half Time and go again’, and literally the next thing that happened was the Keeper fucking up.

Christ’s sake Ali. Can’t we even have a laugh at Courtois with you topping him?

4 Likes

I know this forum sometimes rubs you the wrong way, but it is always nice to see you. Hope to see more of you.

Because it’s their fault that Ali gifted Madrid the equaliser. Or that the defence stood around like statues for the header. Or that the ball was deflected for the fourth. Or that Fabinho gave it away for the fifth.

All FSG’s fault. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Jordan was decent until his legs fell off on 50, as is customary, but Fabinho? Really?

It kind of shows how brittle we are and that’s a concern.

Let’s see how they respond on Saturday. If they don’t go and slaughter someone they need to move on.

1 Like

Thought Núñez and Salah especially in the first half did oke in attack and defense, that’s about it.

1 Like

Glad you agree. Thousands will also.

damn… there u go, u optimist u!! even at 2-0, i knew the boys in the middle would run out of legs and we would be wide open. At worst i thought we would lose by one and maybe tie 2-2 at best… didnt see us winning the game to be honest…

Not sure missing out on top 4 would be that bad of a thing, if this is the standard on show. Saves us a few beatings.

Call me crazy but I think even with Bellingham in midfield, your goalkeeper kicking it straight at the oppositionnstriker is not a good idea.

8 Likes

touche hahahaha

ahh well… at least i can head over to the beach and have a couple of mojitos

Think the way people fixate on Jude, you’d think he some sort of a biblical character… he will not magically fix the team.

1 Like

Should have bought Jesus off City when we had the chance, eh.

fair play to klopp, he did say in the buildup that we needed two perfect games to have a chance while Madrid didnt need one

1 Like

Still remember being able to say Real never beat us…
Enter Brendan Rodgers and that team…the rest is history, and now we are on the receiving end…
Anyway, fortunes will turn again at some point we’ll beat them again…

1 Like

He played better than he has done, probably his best game this season, and maybe the bar wasn’t that high but he wasn’t miles worse (or better) than the rest.

Think we have enough sick notes…

And that’s the rub. Madrid probably lick their lips when they come up against us because they know we will come to play football, especially at home, which is exactly the type of competitor they want to play. Because they know in 95 games out of 100 they will be far more clinical than this Liverpool team over 90 minutes. ‘Liverpool wants a shootout? We are happy to oblige.’

That’s nothing for us to be ashamed of. They are Real Madrid. We are not 18/19 or 19/20 Liverpool.

He was hopeless, the good thing is he never really gets tired because he don’t move about much. :roll_eyes: