Post match: Liverpool v Spurs (EPL 7/5/22 7.45pm)

Anything from this match was a bonus for them

The goal we conceded is so jammy… A few people needs to be dropped or rested from the starting line-up next game.

Robbo for one. His form hasn’t been the best so far. It is best if we let him have a rest for the rest of the PL matches. I am also surprised that he wasn’t rotated for Tsimikas today.

Hendo is really just a “closing out the game” substitute now. Did well in the first half offensively, disappeared altogether in the 2nd half. Will probably need a new addition in the summer to compete with Keita for the RCM role.

Mane/Salah. These 2 looked very off today especially Salah. Salah has been getting into good positions but he needs to get his head up. Mane is anonymous today.

As for the subs, it is puzzling why we get Jota on instead of Origi to push Spurs further back. I think Klopp missed a trick with that one.

Welp, if Newcastle turns up tomorrow and shocks us, that will be interesting.

2 Likes

It’s all hindsight of course, but I wonder if a bit more rotation wasn’t needed tonight.

5 Likes

Anything less than a win today and they are praying that Arsenal drop points at least twice in their last four games - and that Spurs can win every remaining match.

1 Like

If Spurs tried to play against us, we’d have murdered them. Conte knows that he can do Burnley style tactics, but the difference being they have an excellent counter threat from their front three.

Which they scored from. They got the lead. So in a way, Conte would be dissapointed.

We needed to get the first goal, which would’ve forced tham to do what you’re thinking they should’ve done.

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly

But he cheats…so he can f***k off…and so do most of his team mates…thats why no-one tries to tackle them near the box…THEY DIVE TO CLAIM PENS…Son and Arry are the biggest culprits…

4 Likes

The obvious one would be Tsimikas for Robbo.

Maybe Firmino for Mane?

2 Likes

Disregarding for a minute how extremely fatigued we know both of them are, I realise Salah had been well off his game for a month or two, but the number of blocked shots Spurs got tonight was ridiculous. They protected their goal incredibly well. I was fucking pissed at Salah for deciding against passing to Diaz in a much better position in that second half, but to be fair to him it looked a good strike off the boot but again blocked.

2 Likes

In the 4th pace race, they are each fighting to let the other team get it. One team wins, other loses. Then the next week, the leading team loses, for the chasing team to win.

2 Likes

I expected Tsimikas and Matip to start. Don’t know whether that would have made the difference though.

1 Like

Confusing is one word for it.

2 Likes

i take the point… well played by the team… was always gonna be a difficult game… need to figure out the final third

2 Likes

And by failing to win today they have handed 4th on a plate to Arsenal. A point doesn’t help them in the slightest. Sitting deep and commiting to attacks in 2s and 3s may have got them a solitary goal but it’s still stunning to see them give up on the Champions League so meekly and celebrate it like a great achievement.

Losing or drawing today is basically the same thing, they still need Arsenal to drop points in 2/4 matches. A win was essential but they had no interest in it.

I’m not saying its easy to win at A field, but I am saying that they didn’t even try.

5 Likes

They play the Arse as well. I don’t know what the permutations are for those two playing each other.

1 Like

true story @Sweeting

1 Like

This game, a draw is fair enough. We all know we got cheated in the first game.

1 Like

Yeah there was that, Klopp is just saying the movement wasn’t there in the box also. Another sign of fatigue.

4 Likes

and that goal was due to a myriad of mistakes from our players.

2 Likes

The only thing more important for a home team than the first goal is the second. Momentum is key and after we replied, they probably felt the momentum shift and they went for a time wasting game. At that point I don’t think they were really thinking about Arsenal or top 4 but to come away with a point.

2 Likes