Post match: Liverpool v West Ham (ELC 20/12/23 8pm)

Yay! We won!

1 Like

They don’t need their money back. They were very keen to tell us how wealthy they are.

2 Likes

Makes you wonder why Jonesy hadn’t been getting in the first XI recently , maybe working his way back to full fitness ? Anyway , that’s surely put to bed any uncertainty about who out of him and Gravenberch should be starting games. I really hope he stays fit now and nails that position down. No more false dawns.

3 Likes

Well we won the FA cup a few months after last time.

1 Like

Thing is before our title challenging seasons I was at Anfield for the 4-3 against Man City and the atmosphere was brilliant (on the Kop) but it really was something (few “tourists” around me that day were getting well into it, guy next to me he had travelled from Japan and it was his first game).

I can understand more last night but if you can’t get yourselves up for Man Utd or a top of a table clash on Saturday then when are you going to do it.

We were literally top of the table at the time, we can head back on Saturday. Klopp is spot on. I’d be at it Saturday if I was there.

2 Likes

We dominated and that is good for us going into Arsenal game. The narrative for the last few games is we were lethargic and that even when we won, we were riding our luck which had it’s merits. But this game, we totally dominated a strong team still, won convincingly both by scoreline and performance. The morale will be great.

I would have love to have Jones starting again but having played the full game, not sure Klopp planned to throw him into the Arsenal game from the start.

2 Likes

Is the fact that we have a whole load of new seating actually part of the problem? When it was standing terraces, people would tend to gather in their usual sections and the “cheerleaders” (for want of a better phrase for those that lead chants) would all end up within shouting distance of each other.

Now that there is a big new section, no-one will be clear as to where anyone else is sitting and even getting the simpler songs going is going to be more difficult.

I’m assuming last night that there would have been a lot of non-regular fans in unfamiliar places.

Perfect. I was going to ask if someone had highlights. Are these your own videos or just something that someone posts to YouTube?

1 Like

The fans work their socks off to pay for the tickets. Going to a game is expensive, who are we going to replace the old moaning bastards with? There aren’t thousands of young, passionate fans that can afford to go.

There are many reasons why the atmosphere has diluted, and moaning about it or criticising the fans by Jurgen is not going to have any effect.

It’s very easy to sit on here and criticise, or go to one game every blue moon and wonder why the regulars aren’t as excited as you to be there.

We still create a good atmosphere at times, the Arsenal game last year was a highlight. I suspect we might see another good atmosphere on saturday. But it won’t last, and certainly not for midweek Carabao cup games. And that’s okay.

3 Likes

Suarez was a long time ago, the same bloke is probably dead now.

3 Likes

https://theredmentv.com/

1 Like

Anybody who has sat in the Kop and heard the level of bitching and moaning from scousers will know it’s not just the tourist creating shit energy in the stands.

2 Likes

Yes but the goals make it a lot better.

Aren’t you explaining the solution right there? If you go in a blue moon, are excited to be there and sing your lungs out for 95 mins then surely you are providing a fuck-tonne more atmosphere than a disillusioned boomer expecting peak 80’s Liverpool at every match?

If you are there to complain, just fuck off home and whinge at your TV. It’s better to have an empty seat than 1 more person adding ( and probably spreading) bad vibes.

That’s not to agree with how Klopp delivered his message, because I don’t agree with it, but whiny old men shouldn’t be a protected species.

5 Likes

No, that is definitely not the solution.

Day trippers do not go and sing their lungs out for 95 minutes. That’s a fiction promoted on forums like these but it doesn’t happen. Most sit there quietly for the entire game.

The solution is to get large groups of local, youngish fans going together regularly. The club isn’t interested in taking any steps to make it happen.

1 Like

Klopp probably didn’t plan to start him against Arsenal. But despite playing the full 90’ yesterday, he should not be too tired to start and do at least 60-70 minutes. He only played like 10 minutes on Sunday. Besides, the only alternative to him is Gravenberch who does not connect as good with Endo and Szobo as Jones does (add to that Gravenberch probably did not even train for a few days because of fatigue). Not a coincidence the midfield looked much more composed yesterday.

2 Likes

How do we define a day tripper?

I only attend a handful of games a year (European matches, cup comps and the odd away when lucky). I don’t live locally either. So am I day tripper?

Only asking as I sing my lungs out at matches, know the songs, lose my voice etc.

Good for you. Doesn’t change the fact that what I’ve said is true.

Who shat in your cornflakes this morning mate?

It was a simple question on what you define as a day tripper. I didn’t disagree with your point - just wondering where the line lies.

Odd response.

Edit:

you answered it elsewhere :+1:

1 Like

Klopp can’t control any of the other factors than asking the fans who are in attendance to be more fired up.

1 Like